Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thepaladin4488
Oct 28, 2010

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

I'm making a TV "case" like this thing, where it's expected that players will be putting figurines directly on the TV surface. I'd like to protect the TV from scratches. The linked product uses a plexiglass sheet, which is certainly an option, but I was wondering if there was, like, a clear adhesive film I could apply to the TV instead? I'd like the protection to be thin so the figurines don't look like they're floating above the display surface. 24x36x1/16" plexiglass sheets do exist but, from the reviews I'm reading, they have a tendency to break during shipping. And they're not quite wide enough for the 43" TV I'm using. They're also too tall, so I guess I could trim some of the height and use it to pad out the width, but I've a feeling that wouldn't look very good.

I guess I could also just say "gently caress it" and let the TV get scratched. How durable is the average TV screen against incidental scratches?

You could try clear window tint, something like this https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Protection-Window-Film-Wide/dp/B004JAZLI8 (first google result)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU