Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Where can I buy clear paint? I want to mix it with phosphorescent powder and paint some crazy poo poo on my bedroom walls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

It's just the guts of a Wagner heat gun which seems to use a standard type nichrome wire heating element.

I want more control over the temperature in the low range than the panel will give me. My guess is that the temperature and fan speed controls are just current limiting resistors, which means that I can swap them out for appropriately sized potentiometers.

The only thing I can think of to test my hypothesis is to just strip the insulation and measure to see if the resistance changes with different settings.

Will I run into any problems?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I just moved in to a new apartment. The kitchen faucet is driving me crazy. My calipers are out of batteries but I eyeballed it at 18mm OD which is pretty close to 3/4". Is that a standard size? Can I replace it?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

I need to cast a very small concrete rectangle - roughly 30" x 30" x 2". Can I use ripped dimensional lumber and generic plywood with release agent? Do I need to varnish them first? It seems like a simple process, is there any first timer gotchas that I should be aware of?

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

devicenull posted:

Is the finish on the concrete important? You'll get whatever surface finish the wood is on it.

The finish is completely unimportant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happiness Commando
Feb 1, 2002
$$ joy at gunpoint $$

Mercury Ballistic posted:

~500w inverter on hand if we lose power. This should be enough to run the fridge occasionally and charge phones and tablets, maybe a fan too.

No, a 500w inverter is definitely not going to be enough to run a fridge, unless you have experimentally determined that your mini-fridge only draws 500w on startup.