Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jwx10
Apr 8, 2003

by Tiny Fistpump

ail posted:

I'm working on my bathroom.

What is the secret to getting a clean, solid paint line on a 45 degree meeting point where the two meeting walls are a different color? I have that weird bumpy spatter texture on my sheetrock (common in California) which makes getting a clean line harder. Just taping it off?

What is the secret to getting really accurate measurements? I'm replacing baseboards and installing a mid-high wall moulding and need precise measurements to guarantee accurate joints.

In my experience with getting a good paint line is to take your time applying the tape and then take a clear caulk that can be painted and apply to the side of the tape that you are painting. I use a dab on my finger and then run along the tape. After the caulking dries (quick because it should be a thin amount) you are free to paint.

When you remove the tape after this prep work you will have a perfectly straight line. It takes some time to position the tape but the crisp lines are worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU