Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Indeed. The common trends for trim are either painted white or off-white or stained in one of the various shades of wood. Or at least they were when I still worked for Sherwin-Williams.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Listen to this person, they speak wisdom. I've watched someone vaporize part of a screwdriver by accidentally arcing across those caps.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

LumpyGumby posted:

I couldn't find a NERF thread (Thinking about making one) but I figured this question is small enough to go here.

When you're painting over plastic, is there anyway to get a nice shiny coat? No matter what kind of spray paint I'm using it almost appears matte. Is there a sealant I can use that would be safe?

I've also heard of people using vinyl dye instead of paint on NERF stuff as well, as it can change the color without messing with the texture or having any chance of flaking. It doesn't do faux finishes, but you can change the color easily enough.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

bobua posted:

This isn't really a 'fix it' thing but I didn't feel it needed its own thread.

Anyone know of a product that works like plasti dip claims to? http://www.plastidip.com/home_solutions/Plasti_Dip

I have some foam parts that I would like to give a rubber or hard plastic shell to, but I bought a can of this stuff and sprayed it on... it was pretty much just black spray paint. No thickness or 'coating.'

peepsalot posted:

do more coats

Also, don't use the spray plasti-dip on foam. The solvents that it sprays with eat foam and make it coat like poo poo. Get the liquid in a can and brush it on.