Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Janelle
Apr 5, 2004

DevCore posted:

I recently found my dad's old Mont Blanc fountain tip pen. It's one of those thin ones and is very sleek and sharp looking, but I'm guessing it's around 20 years old.

So I need to do a little restoration, so two questions, ink and cleaning.

I just went out and bought some large blue Waterman cartridges. I'm not sure how great that ink quality is, but it's the only thing I could find at a local store and I'm not sure which stores would specialize in ink refills.

And then, it's got a slight amount of rust on the nib, I'm fairly certain there is a large build up of old ink throughout the delivery system (hasn't been used in years) and the only way I can get it to write at all is if I squeeze the cartridge while it's inserted until it's dripping. That might also be in account that the cartridge attached was also years old and had mostly evaporated. So I guess, how would I clean this bitch. I was thinking rubbing alcohol, but I'm not sure how much damage it would possibly do.

I was given an old Parker fountain pen in high school from my grandfather. A teacher of mine who collects pens was fascinated with it and helped me restore it. All he did was clean out the old ink using warm water. My pen had a plunger type thingie that sucks the ink up, so he just used warm water and flushed it out until it was running clear. As far as ink goes though, that teacher told me Parker ink was the best thing, it's what he used in all his pens.

http://www.parkerpen.com/en/discovery/inks/quink Hope it helps

Now for my question: is there any way to increase the water temp on a dishwasher only? I know where to increase water temp at the water heater, but it doesn't need it. I would just like hotter water at the dishwasher only.

Briantist- there is a flooring thread here, but you will need to put a plastic barrier under the laminate if you aren't going to use laminate that already has it on there. The plastic comes in rolls and you just cut it to fit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU