Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
I've got some recessed bathroom ceiling lights that are missing several round pieces of glass about 5 3/8in in diameter. I called around, and to get replacements cut it's going to cost me about $20 a pop, which is more than I want to pay given the free time I have available right now to figure out an alternative.
I know squat about cutting glass, and with that in mind, how can I make/get something to replace the missing glass and that won't start the ceiling on fire when I leave the lights on?

Of course, if someone knows of a place that sells these sort of things that'd be good as I haven't been able find anything online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
What's a good way to hide the edges on this piece of plywood I'm turning into a coffee table? It's about 3/4" thick, and you should know I have little woodworking experience and an even smaller fund to spend on nice power tools.

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10
I got a little too vigorous with my laptop and tweaked the power jack enough to where I can't get it to charge no matter how I try to coax the plug. I need to solder a new jack. And I don't know how to solder. What do I need to buy/know/read to get this done right?

El Kabong fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jan 20, 2010

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10

kid sinister posted:

Uhh, we got a thread for electronics...

Quick follow-up, what's a good place to buy the connector from?

El Kabong
Apr 14, 2004
-$10

kid sinister posted:

Which connector do you need to replace: the plug from the power supply, or the jack inside the laptop casing?

the jack inside the laptop