Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.
Quick question: what is the technical name for sliding doors? "Cavity sliding doors" seems to be what they call them in Commonwealth countries, but I can't get any links on US websites. Wondering if it's something I'll have to rig myself or if there are any dealers offering solutions. I don't want "French doors" or "removable walls" or "sliding glass doors" or other large patio installments.

More detail: I am thinking about a front door that slides into the wall on a rail and runners rather than swinging open in order to maximize space in a very small area. Needs to be lockable, weatherproofed, and heavy duty enough to serve as a replacement to a regular front door. They have them everywhere in Japan so I know someone has got to be making them in the States, but no luck yet. Help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sound Mr. Brown
Feb 21, 2005

The love of learning, the sequestered nooks,
And all the sweet serenity of books.

Thumposaurus posted:

They are called "Pocket Doors".

Aaagggh thank you so much! That is it exactly.