Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Well, this isn't home-related, but something broke and it sure doesn't deserve its own thread...

In a bleary-eyed haze I smacked my coffee pot against the sink a little too hard filling it up, and now it has a spiderweb fracture on the bottom about the size of a dime. Liquid doesn't exactly fall out of it (one drop coalesces on the bottom every 10 seconds or so) but I don't feel totally comfortable drinking liquids brewed in a partially broken glass container.

Is there anything I can do to mend the fracture to make it totally watertight again, or do I have to get my rear end out to Wal-Mart and start pricing new coffee makers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Fire Storm posted:

Well... superglue could work (but could give an odd taste and might leak again), as could a few other things, but given how cheap a new one is, just go get a new coffee pot. The carafe itself is less than $10. No need for a whole new coffee maker.

Yeah, I could have sworn they sold just carafes, but I've never actually seen one. Hell, if it's under :10bux: then it's probably cheaper than a tube of superglue.

...although I could use that glue to fix my sandals... :madmax:

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Thanks everyone who posted carafe-fixing (read: replacing) advice! I guess I'll just have to make do with walking down the block for my morning wake-up until I can get on down to the store.

(though with all due respect to Goop and Shoe Goo, the superglued bits are the strongest parts of my sandals. They aren't the good everyday wearing sandals; they're the lovely shower sandals that keep me from catching whatever strain of superintelligent nanoplague is breeding in my dorm's communal shower this week.)