Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anonymous Name
Apr 25, 2006

by Fragmaster
Question: What tool or Dremel attachment do I need to cut steel in the middle of it? I have a 1/8" thick steel block and I used the regular Dremel cutting wheel to create two parallel cuts which you can see in the attached picture. Now I need to cut along the red line. Any cutting wheel would be way too wide to cut that without also cutting everything to the left and right. What can I use for this?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Name
Apr 25, 2006

by Fragmaster
Nah, it's 1/8"-thick steel; I can't neatly bend a small part of it like that. In this case, those two existing cuts are either 1/4" or 3/4" long, and the red line is 1/2" long.

Anonymous Name
Apr 25, 2006

by Fragmaster
I just bought a 10" Ryobi Drill Press and am trying to use it, but the drat chuck keeps coming off the spindle! You're supposed to hammer the chunk on, and I spend a good minute hammering it on, but it still keeps coming off after a few minutes of drilling.

I was trying to drill a 10mm (just over 3/8") hole in quarter-inch-thick steel and I'm not using lubricant. Is the resistance the reason it kept coming off? Is that normal?

Anonymous Name
Apr 25, 2006

by Fragmaster
The manual explicitly says you have to hammer the chuck onto the spindle. Nothing keeps it on besides friction.