Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

root a toot
Aug 7, 2006

mondo burger was manufactured and distributed to intentionally destroy the black community
i knit this zoidberg for my boyfriend and it's gotten a lot of good feedback

and this is the fake isle hat i just finished yesterday. next time i do it i think i'll go with white contrast and a cranberry/brown noro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root a toot
Aug 7, 2006

mondo burger was manufactured and distributed to intentionally destroy the black community
it's also free if you hit up knitting pattern central or something like that (or google kittyville hat, i'm sure it'll come up)

as for me, i used this pattern from knitty and kind of just winged the fingers on the front.

edit: hat pattern - http://www.kittyville.com/knit/adult_devil_hat.html

root a toot fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 8, 2008

root a toot
Aug 7, 2006

starshaped posted:

Another 400ish yards of some unidentified roving I got from a friend after I bought my wheel. It's pretty scratchy but I love the colors.

That is goddamn beautiful. Maaad props.

root a toot
Aug 7, 2006

elbow posted:

Thanks to the both of you. Anyone have any advice on how to convince my boyfriend to sit still for such a long time? :D

You can also use your feet :)

root a toot
Aug 7, 2006

I knit these non-fancy socks out of knit picks swish superwash for my dad in the last two days before I left home for school, and now i'm working on the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style.

I also highly recommend Ann Budd's Getting Started Knitting Socks for anyone who is interested in learning how but is a little scared or whatever reason. Socks were the first thing I tackled and this book made them so addicting (good for my dad) and easy (good for me).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

root a toot
Aug 7, 2006

boobookitty posted:

I've heard some people have had problems understanding the way to do a yarnover from the way it's shown in Stitch 'n Bitch. I never had any problem with it, but apparently it's a well-known problem. I guess it can come across like you are supposed to knit that yarn over immediately after forming it? I'm not sure. I do know on the knitting LiveJournal group if someone is having a problem with a yarnover, they ask, "Were you learning from Stitch 'n Bitch?"

Ha! This was me, a week ago. I was kind of dumbfounded at the difference between the book and knittinghelp.