Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Bob Shadycharacter posted:

Nice! I really like those colors.

I don't have a pillow case that zippers or anything, so I just tie mine in a knot. Of course, this means I spend what feels like hours trying to untie a wet fabric knot and swearing viciously.

Yeah I even tied mine shut after it came open the first two times, and it still loosened itself.

Also, that whole thing was one entire skein of Patons Classic Wool. I had 4 inches left after binding off.

Anyway, next project: A short row scarf (similar to this) with this:

And I'm planning on felting it, and it's going to be amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I think my first was the green half-assed hat. I basically picked up some circs and green acrylic out of the bargain bin and whipped up something in a few hours. And when I got to the decreases I figured out magic loop before I knew what it was. 2007, dark times.

Then I made another one.

I wish I could find that first one, though, it fit so much better.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Look through these for more math pattern ideas.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

For my afghan I'm just using plain old straight 14" needles. Even across both needles the stitches still need to be compressed and when leaving everything on one needle I have to put something on the end so they don't pop off. It's a tight fit but it works.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Now that it's not 100 degrees out every day I can go back to working on my vest. This is about where it was at in April and it's pretty much the same now except a few stitches slipped off the needles so I'm going to have to fix that first and I just haven't felt like it.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

All I can think of now is an alternative history where knights were going around in ceramic-coated sweaters.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I got this stuff from Joann's a few weeks ago, they have a bunch of neon-type colors.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Basic Beater posted:

Anyone have a good pattern for a chevron scarf?

Or any other ideas for a green, cream, and brown coloured scarf?

I made a scarf based off this pattern with changing every K6 to a K4 and adjusting the number of original stitches appropriately.

It's nice because it's a 3-row pattern and therefore automatically reversible, and also easy to remember for working away from home.

And felted it.

It's held up pretty well over the last 10 months.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Why am I so bad at hats

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I've got so much bad yarn, everyone's getting bad hats for Christmas.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I just had to throw out about $20 of wool because of moths :(

I just bought $20 of wool that is probably going to sit around for a year until it gets chewed up by moths.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

I want to make that pineapple but just scale everything up (thicker yarn, bigger needles) and make a giant pineapple knitting bag out of it. I have about 2 pounds of goldenrod super saver that would be perfect.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

What would be a good needle size to scale that up to if I was using super saver? My options on circs right now are 3, 6, and 13.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Socks are the only thing I can't finish -- the only ones I have finished were these orange tube socks which were just rectangles seamed up after the fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

Speaking of stranding, it's something I've never managed to get the hang of but would like to start being able to use, are there any good non-video guides out there?