Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kumquatsforall
Apr 12, 2007
There's no basement in the Alamo!
I just started knitting, and my friend really wanted this hat off of Shanalogic, but didn't want to pay the $35 for it, so I got to work.

As modeled by Tako the Octopus. It no longer looks like a boob thanks to the ruffle, hooray.
I just got a book about knitting stuffed animals, and I'm very excited about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumquatsforall
Apr 12, 2007
There's no basement in the Alamo!

machinegirl posted:

That. Is. Sickeningly. CUTE. So much that I must make myself one soon. Also where did you get Tako the Octopus? I have a Tako the Ocotpus-sized hole in my life that needs filling!

Thanks! I didn't use a pattern. If you know how to make a regular hat, you can make this cupcake boob. It's actually the second hat I've ever made, so it has to be easy. The ruffle is a separate piece, which I grafted on after completing the hat.

As for Tako, I bought him in Japan, where I'm living now. I'm working as an English teacher here and I recently discovered an awesome craft store in my town, so knitting is my new hobby. I got a book for Christmas called The World of Knitted Toys, and everyone I knew put in orders for platypi (platypusses?) and clownfish and such, so I've got my work cut out for me. The book is by Kath Dalmeny and has a ton of designs, so I'd recommend it for anyone looking for a book of stuffed animal patterns. I'm going to look around for some books here once I get paid again.

Sorry for the slight derail. Back to projects!