Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meningism
Dec 31, 2008
Hi knitgoons, apologies if this isn't the place to make this request - I see the thread started as one thing but now seems to be the only Knitting thread on these forums. I can delete if there's a better place for it.

I’m looking for some help with finding a/some patterns, as I know nothing about the craft.

My partner is the knitter, and learned some of her skills, when she was very young, from her grandma – who selected, spun and knit all natural wool, and won a huge amount of prizes and recognition for her knits. I want something I can give my partner as a gift so she can try her hand at something her grandmother made, especially since she doesn’t have much else to remember her by. I've managed to track down pictures a few pieces in The Australian National Wool Museum:

https://victoriancollections.net.au/items/540660779821f50e3cca00e2

I was hoping to get some links to some patterns that could best represent the pieces in that link – jumper, skirt, scarf, hat, pocket (?), etc Maybe even some links to yarn you think might best match what was used? Was planning to print the patterns out nicely and present it that way.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU