Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
I've always been a bit scared of real knitting, wearable socks and scarves and such. Think I might have to give it a go now after finding a cute li'l dolly I made when I was a kid :)

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img75/9976/dsc00076w.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
hollaback grandma that's an awesome hat :) also, I am really excited about trying out cables now! Now that I've worked out how images work, here's my meagre contribution to the thread...

http://fi.somethingawful.com/is/img214/3521/dsc00078ali.jpg

edit: well that totally didn't work. guess I don't have it figured out :/

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
I knit a hat

In a way it's hideous

And it's far too big for me

But despite the grumpy look on my face I love it and I love wearing it very much.

Onionetta fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 15, 2024

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
I just finished my first ever sweater! It's a crazy, dumb-looking, multi-coloured monstrosity made with acrylic yarn because I lack taste and refinement.

Front

Back

Also because I had no experience knitting sweaters I just followed the instruction to measure around my boobs and knit according to that. Somehow I failed to realise until I'd sewn it together just how much too big for me it would be.

It's a drat tent.

That said, I put way too much work into this NOT to wear it, so maybe a belt...?

On the bright side, I don't really mind looking crazy, and it did only take a few months so I'm still quite proud of myself. I'll make something a little more understated next time.

Edit: Sorry about the crappy photos, that's the only mirror in the house and the mess isn't mine I swear, my housemates are (very pleasant) slobs :(

Onionetta fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Aug 31, 2012

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
Awww shucks you guys! Thanks for all the nice comments :) I am pretty happy with it, I'm just suffering from the benefit of hindsight I guess. Gotta start somewhere! Next one I make will be super-chic :) Also I'm totally doing that Eva scarf as a Christmas present this year Wedemeyer.

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009

AltruisticNemesis posted:

Is there a pattern for this? I want to make an obnoxiously rainbow-y awesome sweater vest!

That is gorgeous and I envy you!

Thanks Nemesis! I got the pattern from a book I bought, called 25 Beaded Knits by Debbie Abrahams, published by C&B Crafts. I don't know if I'm allowed upload the pattern but my guess is not, due to copyright and such :(

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009
Just finished the multnomah shawl from ravelry :)

here's a better view of the edging

I was really happy with it, I think it looks quite well for how simple the pattern actually is.

Edit: clicking on those makes them absolutely huge and I have no idea how to fix it :stonk:

Onionetta fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Feb 15, 2014

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009

Aerofallosov posted:

I finished my first sweater! I made it out of Noro Ito I'd had for ages. I have to take a ten year old project, too, since I had bought the yarn before I went to grad school. For now, I am trying my first sock.

Congrats! Have you got a picture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onionetta
Aug 16, 2009

Aerofallosov posted:

Yup! Don't mind the goober wearing the sweater. I made the sleeves a little bit shorter because I mismeasured, but it is nice I won't have to worry about catching things with a long sleeve.

Looks awesome! I'm pretty sure the hems and seams on the first sweater I ever made were nowhere near as neat as that haha