Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

I gave that pitch vibrato. Pitches love vibrato.

Weird question, but how are people sharing pictures on the forums these days…? Would love to jump in and share some knits, but I also don’t want to be that rear end in a top hat ruining the thread with pictures that are way too small or way too large

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

Hey, in that case, I’ve got what I need to share pics already—thanks!

Just finished these socks this afternoon made with yarn I dyed :3: :

Here’s the pair I made before them:

Taking pictures of completed socks is weirdly difficult

Niemat
Mar 21, 2011

DRINK ME posted:

They’re very nice socks and yarn. I like the second pair with the lace panel.

I keep wanting to try socks but there’s always something else I want to knit first - I tried to force myself to knit continental so I would be faster and complete more projects, but I just couldn’t stick with it.

Mad Hamish posted:

Ohhhhh those socks look great!

Hey thanks!! :3:

...also, I knit continental, and, well... I've got bad news

MIDWIFE CRISIS posted:

Love the color in the first pair especially :3:

How did you dye it? I've never tried dyeing.

Thanks!! Just to clarify: are you wanting to know the technique I used to get that "pattern" of colors? The equipment? The dye? Happy to talk about any or all parts of the process, but I'm also wanting to make sure I'm answering in a way that's helpful! :)