Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Ive got a question about some weird thing with my stockinette knitting here, with diagram to show (since I'm knitting in black):

On the purl side of my work there is kind of a loose loop that skips a stitch and is attached to the stitches on either side of it. At first I thought it was a dropped stitch but my stitch count is the same as my cast on, which is what it should be. The knit side looks fine. It's not a huge deal as this is going to be a hat and the purl side will be on the inside, but I'm still confused as to wtf I did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Sounds like an ok explanation to me. :) I'm a newbie and this is the second project I've ever attempted so I think I'm doing okay, all things considered.

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

J.A.B.C. posted:

Can we do crochet in here? Because my wife makes awesome stuff and I want to show it off somewhere.

Join us in the very slow crochet thread! :buddy: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2896097

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
My first "big" knitting project other than stockinette scarves: a shawl!

Pattern is the small variant of Faraway, So Close

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Imagine you are me and are practicing knitting by making your little baby niece a cardigan marked as "easy" on Ravelry, specifically this one: https://mariannaslazydaisydays.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/mariannas-all-in-one-sleeveless-tops.html

Now imagine that you are dumb beyond your years and forgot to put in buttonholes where they belonged even though they are included in the pattern, and you are too far gone (and too lazy) to rip everything out and start over. Do you:
1) Forget buttons altogether as the garment is meant for children between 1-3 years and buttons are oppressive for young kids especially when they grow so much (Im assuming that as the child ages you utilize fewer buttons to keep it closed)
2) Put buttons on and crochet a little toggle to be put on in place of a button hole to keep it closed
2a) One button up top to keep the top closed, forget the rest
2b) Do all three buttons

I'm leaning towards 2a myself but I'd like the opinion of people who have made things for kids before! :shobon:

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER

Sehkmet posted:

What about sew-in snaps?

Definitely possible, I guess I was just thinking about what I had on-hand :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stimulated emission
Apr 25, 2011

D-D-D-D-D-D-DEEPER
Is anyone going to Stitches West this year? This will be my second time going :)