Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"
hello! i notice it has been very slow here and i've never posted so i thought i'd leave one of my recent projects (and by recent i mean may lol.) introducing the creeper sweater!

here's the imgur gallery: https://imgur.com/gallery/ANwoBAd and here is the finished product!

it is the flax pattern by tincanknits on ravelry (because of course) and was knit using hobby lobby soft and sleek for the black and i love this yarn for the green and purple. originally i wanted to do a variegaeted green so i could simulate the pixelated look of the creeper, but i couldn't find anything i liked.

unfortunately due to weight gain over the summer i no longer fit in it, so it's being regifted to my sister, who also happens to be a minecraft fan. however, it was really fun to work on! it was my first sweater. it took almost exactly a month and a half; i cast-on on march 1st and cast off on april 15th.

anyways! i learned a bunch of things through the process and hopefully my next sweater will be A) a little bigger and B) just as fun.

gonna post it on ravelry soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barclayed
Apr 15, 2022

"I just saved your ass... with MONOPOLY!"

Mad Hamish posted:

Hmmmmm I really dislike that garter stitch panel along the sleeves but I expect that could be omitted entirely.

My first sweater was the flax pattern, with seed stitch instead of garter for the panel. I liked it considerably more.