Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antis0ciald0rk
Nov 30, 2002
wtf is this?
Yay! I've longed for there to be a thread about knitting for so long.

I've been knitting for 13 years but for about the last 2 years I've been going crazy with it. Any time I learn about a new stitch or technique I have to knit something that uses it. I have so many knit projects laying around that I'm eventually going to have to start up an etsy shop to sell them all off (and use the money to feed my yarn addiction).

These are just the items I have easy access to. I have several 13-Gallon storage containers full of things that I've knitted/crocheted/sewn and they're buried in the back of a closet right now.

Wide Rib Hat with Rolled Brim
Cascade Pastaza (50/50 Llama/Wool) Color #1107.

Top down baby bonnet. I didn't have any reason to make it, I just thought the figure-8 cast on that the pattern used was interesting and I had to try it.
The yarn is Lion Brand Micro Spun in Lilac. Despite being both acrylic and a craft store yarn, the finished product has a really awesome feel to it.

Cable Hat from the SnB book, Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Worsted, Chianti

Cable Hat pattern from SnB with an unfinished matching scarf. There are matching mittens but I can't find them.
The yarn is Malabrigo Merino in Cinnabar.

Lace scarf, the yarn is egyptian cotton but I can't find the label and forgot the brand. It was from France, started with an L and it's not listed in YarnDex.

Another My so-called Scarf. This is in Arauciania Aysen (Wool/Alpaca/Silk) Color #805, I think this is one of the nicest yarns I've ever worked with. If your LYS carries it, check it out!

Crime Scene Scarf. You might recognize this from Craft 04. I haven't blocked it or sewn it up yet. The words repeat twice, making it extra long. The yellow is a decent craft store acrylic that I can't remember. The black is the dreaded Red Heart Super Saver. It was my first serious attempt at intarsia so I didn't feel like splurging on yarn. It turned out well enough that I really wish I would have used a nicer yarn for the letters.

Cable bag. Obviously unfinished. I need to order some hardware for it but I've been too lazy. It's in Lamb's Pride Worsted, Pistachio.

It's not knitting, but I figured I'd post it since the OP showed off the Craft 01 knit robot. This is the (partially finished) Crobot from the same issue.

Kalista, that DNA scarf rocks! I can already tell this thread is going to add a lot of things to my list of future projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antis0ciald0rk
Nov 30, 2002
wtf is this?
Is anyone else thinking about participating in Lion Brand's current knit-along? http://blog.lionbrand.com/2008/11/13/join-us-for-our-knit-along-and-get-the-pattern-free/

The pattern is only free until 11/27/08.

I'm not sure if it's something I would wear, but I'm going to have a lot of time off for the holidays and I could certainly use a nice, challenging project that could be a potential gift for someone else.

Antis0ciald0rk
Nov 30, 2002
wtf is this?

Novs posted:

In addition, it's a cabled scarf (it'll be my first try at cabling) and one of the rows has "C8B". What does that even mean?

Pretty sure it means you're going to create the cable with the next 8 stitches and the first half of those stitches should go to the back. If it were C8F you would let the first 4 stitches hang to the front.

A more complete description is that you slide 4 stitches onto a cable needle (stitch holder or dpn can work for that too) without knitting them and let that needle hang towards the back of the work, knit the second 4 stitches, then return the stitches from the cable needle/stitch holder to the needle from which they came and knit them.

Another way you might see cables notated is C8R or C8L meaning the cable twists to the right or left, referring to the part that comes across the front.

Antis0ciald0rk fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 7, 2009