Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corsair Canard
Aug 18, 2004

Let's croak us some Toads!
Here's my Slytherin scarf. I feel like a dork while wearing it, but its double layered so its so warm I wear it a lot.

I just started on a Doctor Who scarf, I'm sure it will take forever.

sswanso posted:

Along with my 36' long Doctor Who scarf, I own the two coolest scarves in the world.

Oh god I hope mine doesn't end up that long. Post pics of yours please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Canard
Aug 18, 2004

sswanso posted:

Until I find my camera, this slightly blurry picture of me from Facebook will have to do:

A friend's mother made it for me. As far as length, the scarf used on the show grew over time, starting at about thirteen feet. There's a whole website dedicated to the history of the Doctor Who/Tom Baker scarf, appropriately titled DoctorWhoScarf.com.

Thanks. That's actually where I got the pattern from. Just wanted to check out yours and compare colors. I think mine is going to be 20' or so.

Corsair Canard
Aug 18, 2004

Midnight Sun posted:

Thanks, Kalista! I'll try blocking the scarf when it's done. Right now it's just an in-between project that I pick up when I'm tired of my other stuff, to finish off some left over yarn. It's 100% wool, so I think blocking will help a lot.

Be very careful blocking it since it's wool, you don't want to accidentally felt some of it.