Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
drat. I didn't know there's knitting circle here in Goondom! This is great. I'll have to post one of the scarfs I've made. I'm not really that good but I try. I have a few books including Stich'n Bitch, but youtube is a bit more helpful. I've always learned better from watching then reading, that's why I have a bit of trouble with patterns.
I don't know if this site was posted or not but it's pretty helpful.
http://www.knittingpatterncentral.com/directory.php

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Here's my knits! I finally finish some knits and took a few photos.
This is my ever growing collection of yarns and needles.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
My roll brim hat. Linking images is hard sorry about the replies.

Viewers Like Me fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Apr 14, 2008

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Viewers Like Me posted:

My roll brim hat. I used Malabigo yarn it's pretty good but expensive.http://www.malabrigoyarn.com/yarn.html

And this drat scarf/boa thing which I used this Patons fun fur stuff that was so hard to knit with. I'm never using that stuff again.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Ok, a little off topic but in one week I'm going to Maryland's Sheep and Wool festival. http://www.sheepandwool.org/

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

The Virgin Mary posted:

Ah yes, Knitter's Christmas. There are a slew of meet-ups being planned for this on ravelry. I myself have been on yarn restriction for the last two months because I plan to go bat poo poo crazy here.

Oh god I went crazy yesterday and bought a bunch of yarn and some needles. I even got some light up needles that were 40 percent off. I'm thinking about using some of that simulus package money for the Fest, 'cause hey why not shop locally think globally?
I'm planning to go on the 4rd with my brother as my road dog/ navigator.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Well I got the Wool and Sheep Fest, and I was pretty overwelmed by it. I seriously could have spent a ton of money there. Thankfully I bought a list of stuff to by and stuck by it. The amount of people, vendors and sheep, left me pretty worn out.
I was going to visit the Ravelry lounge but I was too drat tired. I bought some needles, yarn for some socks and I hope a sweater. I also got a yarn spinner.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
I don't think this is off topic. Mazzmatzz the creator of those cool Doctor Who knits is in trouble.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7400268.stm

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Goldaline posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJInPvYajEQ

How about sychronized crane-knitting?

No, seriously, Dave Cole is awesome.

Whoa, I'm speechless, that was something else.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Hey. I'm planning on going to this Knit-In thing at The Mannings School.
Anyone going to that? Anyone here gone to it, and know what it's like?
Here's the website I refer to.

My currant project is alot hard that I thought, the teacher spend all day with me to get it started. I had brought the wrong yarn and the wrong needles.The instruction required bulky I just thought could make the cape out of anything. Now I'm right on track.

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Aardvarklet posted:

You can definitely do both. It made my Patons Merino so much easier to work with. I didn't think I would use the setup for basic craft store yarn, but it really makes it look and feel nice. Honestly my stash looks so much more appealing now that everything is in neat little cakes. And since it's harder to tell the expensive stuff from the cheap stuff, there is less...discrimination.

Edit: Wandering Knitter--to get a "cheap" winder, I would recommend signing up for Michael's emails. Wait until you get a 40% off coupon and then buy your winder with that. Or if you go in there to buy something else, check your receipt, because they almost always have a 20-50% coupon that you can use on your next trip. That's how I got my interchangeables at a reasonable price. Jo-Ann sometimes puts their winders on sale, although not that often. Also your cranes look amazing.

I have a winder that I don't need, like this one.

PM me if you want it in exchange for a bumpin' avatar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewers Like Me
Nov 4, 2004

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me
Hey I just recently joined Raverly, I was wondering if there's a Goon knitting crew there?