Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Where is my motherfucking HAT
I am also on Ravelry!

I just finished this:

And last year I did this:

Both are out of Kureyon because it felts so beautifully. I also just finished a 7 foot long So Called Scarf in Malabrigo, but I forgot to take a picture before I wrapped it up, hopefully I will be able to get one after it is gifted and opened!

I don't really have any pictures of anything else worth sharing :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

effika posted:

Thank you!

I had to look at Calorimetry more of as a formula than a pattern. It's one of those projects that requires the dreaded swatch.

And Aery those purses are gorgeous! I need to knit a new one and might have to do that entrelac one.

Thanks! It was a ton of fun once I got the first set of triangles done. It only took about three evenings total. It's about 12 inches wide by 10 high and 2 deep.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

machinegirl posted:

I seriously suck at taking pictures of my knits. So here's two.

Here is my Calorimetry. I don't mind it being super huge. I have a lot of hair, so it fits okay, actually. It's knit out of SWTC's Karaoke, in a limited color way unique to my LYS. SWTC is located a few miles down the road from the LYS. I haven't seen any of the special color ways in a while, though. :( I wanted to make a matching scarf, and maybe wrist warmers. Ah well.

Do you know the # or name of that colorway? It looks IDENTICAL to some that Kat from SWTC sent me and I love it so much. She put about 4 in there that I haven't been able to find anywhere before or again and it's killing me!

boobookitty posted:

I do make other things than toys, honestly!

When you make toys like that, there is no need to make excuses :D They are SO awesome.

Aery fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jan 8, 2008

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

machinegirl posted:

I don't have the tag any more. :( I got it in Decemberish of last year. If it's the same, it will mention Un-EWE-usal on the label somewhere. Unless they weren't labeled. I'm in love with it too, and wish I could find more. I'm due for a trip to my LYS before Friday. I'll take it in and ask, if you'd like!

Please do, mine were all labelled with numbers. I got a lot of test runs in that batch, and they all just had numbers that didn't correspond to anything I could find :( so it's possible that it might be the same!

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Strelnikov posted:

For those of you who like felting, what yarns do you like best for it? I have a couple felted projects in mind... I want to make a messenger bag, which would need a pretty sturdy stiff fabric, and I also want to make a shibori felted trapeze dress, which I'd imagine would need something a little more lightweight. I've done felting before with Manos del Uruguay and Brown Sheep Worsted, and the fabric I got with the Manos is pretty much what I had in mind for the dress. But it's kind of expensive and I'd have to buy so much :( I really want to use Brown Sheep for the bag, but I've yet to find a yarn shop near me that carries it.

What yarns have you used, and how did the fabric turn out?

I felt with kureyon A LOT and have gotten anything from a lightweight fuzzy end result to a nice sturdy fabric that will probably last forever (cat toys) depending on how long I felt it.

I have also felted Karaoke which gives a much softer fabric as the end result no matter how long I felt it, but went denser much more quickly than the kureyon did.

Actually, I have felted with about 50 different types of yarn now that I think about the various patchwork projects I have made :D

I would suggest seeing what 100% animal and and soy blends are available near you, knit up swatches and then felt them all to varying degrees. Note how many cycles they went through (in a zippered pillow case for faster felting, without to slow it down) and figure out the end result you like the best.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Another spinner here :D

I got a Babes wheel for my birthday last year and never looked back. I currently have a stockpile of .... 25 pounds of fiber waiting to be spun up. Dear lord I need to stop buying.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Roflex posted:

I just picked it up in the last 15 minutes so this post is solely related on that experience, but my main problem has been remembering to do the extra knit/purl at the end of each stitch (probably due to being used to doing regular PSSOs/P2togs). That and I also somehow managed to get the yarn wrapped around the entire work and through the middle, which I think was just bad yarn management.

Once you get it down, it is crazy simple. I just finished one that ended up being 7.5 feet long (it was for a very tall guy). I used Malabrigo on it though which curled on the edges :( that was the first time I have had that scarf curl EVER, so I am guessing that a single ply yarn was the wrong choice. Luckily it steam blocked out beautifully.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Oh my god, I got both Harmony Interchangeables *and* Addi Clicks for christmas this year.

Trust me on this one guys, if you can get your hands on the Addi Clicks and you want a set of interchangeable needles, get these.

The harmonys are nice too and I am keeping both sets, but those addis... Oh. My. God.

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Look Under The Rock posted:

holy crap, so cool! Where'd you find the pattern? I bet my mom would love to make one of these.

If you're on Ravelry, it's here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/owls-2

If you're not, it's here http://needled.wordpress.com/designs/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aery
Nov 15, 2005

Molly Bloom posted:

Sorry for not linking up. Owls is a seriously fast knit. Chunky wool, 6.5mm needles a shaped waist and less than a week to finish- and I am a slow knitter.

I love it and will be making myself one after I finish this sweater I am test knitting. Even though we are probably well out of sweater weather here in CO already!