Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixel Army
Jun 24, 2006
My finger is on the killswitch..
I knit this back in november with 2 shades of Simply Soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixel Army
Jun 24, 2006
my first attempt at a sock! i can see all the things i did wrong, but at least it looks like a sock!

i used this training sock pattern from knitty with sz8 DPNs. much simpler than i thought it would be. now i'm drooling over all the pretty hand dyed socks yarns on etsy... :woop:

Pixel Army
Jun 24, 2006
i've knit a couple socks now, and want to slap myself for not learning sooner. my only issue is when picking up stitches after shaping the heel. there is always a small hole between the body of the sock after picking up the slipped stitches. i follow the pattern to a T, so what am i missing?!

also a long shot, but any LYS in the middle GA area? my only options have been hobby lobby and michael's.

Pixel Army
Jun 24, 2006

effika posted:

Sock talk:

Fleegle! Fleegle not only has my favorite short row technique, she also figured out how to eliminate the holes at the heel corners.

Shop talk:

Google says there might be a Creative Yarns in Macon, GA.

I don't what the DMV area is, bibliophile, otherwise I'd search for you, too! :)
thank you on both accounts! i was picking up extra stitches in an attempt to hide the hole which didn't work AT ALL. i can't wait to try on my next pair!

Anne Whateley posted:

To look up local yarn stores, I totally understand if you want personal recommendations, but if you just want to know what exists nearby, a great first step is http://knitmap.com
i looked up macon and the only LYS closed on the 8th :( oh well! there's always etsy!