Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
A lot of companies will give you free samples of parts. I have a bunch of PICs and a MEMS accelerometer at home that I got just by asking. Some sites even have a sample parts form you can fill out. As a hobbyist, you generally only need one-off parts, so it's a great way to keep your costs down, especially for more expensive bits like sensors and MCUs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
I'm being asked to use an Intel Atom processor to do the job of a microcontroller for political reasons. Anyone know any boards that have an atom on them and have some analog I/O, smaller than 6"x6" or so?

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

does anyone have a preferred supplier for a M-F extension cable? Monoprice is usually my go-to supplier, but they don't seem to have anything that fits the bill this time.

https://www.cablewholesale.com has been solid in my experience.