Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spencer for hire
Jan 27, 2006

we just want to dance here, someone stole the stage
they call us irresponsible, write us off the page

franc0ph0bic posted:

Im just gonna throw this in - if anybody out there plays any for of amplified instrument (ie. electric guitar/bass, electric violin...) making simple circuits to modify the sound is very popular. I have made many different guitar effects, including distortions, delays, and modulation effects. There are many good beginner projects that are also very useful, and its a great way to learn electronics.

This is the main reason why I'm interested. I've found numerous sites online that have board layouts for different effects but I have yet to find a source for the reason behind placement of resistors and capacitors. Obviously designing my own pedal would be a project for the extreme future but I'd like to at least know the theory behind the design and how each part affects the sound. Do you have tips or know of any resources to how they shape sound? Like how would you go about designing a delay from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU