Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If your meter has a diode tester, use that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
You can tell if there is a sewage leak by checking the apartment's bulletin board for missing person flyers.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Yeah I already tried with an SGP-41, it was a complete failure :v:

Also, is there an underlying reason that the narrow FoV IR thermometers are so loving expensive? Even one dimensional ones are $40

The IR gun thermometers on amazon have gotten pretty cheap, one there is as low as 9 bucks. You might be able to break one of those open and hijack what it is doing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know about Siglent, but the Rigol 1054z was so trivial to hack that they just ship will all the features unlocked now.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Is this for data or power? If it is for data, I would just get some MOS transistors where you have your logic voltage sitting on one end and set up a resistor network that lets you use the 12V on the gate of the transistor to activate it.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Car power is dirty, but if this is for data coming off sensors in the car or something, wouldn't their power have been regulated before hand? I doubt they are building the ECUs to withstand 80V on the data pins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
250mhz, what are you, the king of France?