Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

russ6570
Nov 13, 2006
I know this isn't the best picture (because its actually a picture printed onto a mouse pad which was then scanned after the original was lost), and the truck itself is in a a very different vein than most of the rigs posted, but I thought I'd show you guys a picture of the the truck that got me interested in all types of things powered by internal combustion engines.

350 small block, TH400 trans, with axles out of a 6 1/2 ton military vehicle. This truck was a beast.

russ6570 fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Feb 3, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

russ6570
Nov 13, 2006

Hypnolobster posted:

What happened to it?

It got old and wore out- for example the cab it has in the picture was its 4th or 5th (cabs on wide trucks don't last very long on narrow trails, esp. when they're rotting out anyway). It was my uncle's truck, and he ran it from about 1983 to around 2002. The truck itself is sitting on the ground rotting away, however the motor lives on in a tow truck, the transmission in a 1965 Chevelle, and the axles are waiting to be put under a new mud truck (an old Chevy flatbed).

russ6570 fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Feb 3, 2008