Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.
i was actually stuck about an hour ago, in a field, getting someone else out of being stuck.

anyway, my tercel (not really 4x4, it's 4wd, mwahaha. Not a great off roader but it manages.)

My buddies f-250(which is really a 350 cuz the axles are solid and whatnot. Powerstroke.

And his Gas f-150 (never has been stuck)

Another friends Dodge (I dont like this truck)

Bonus pretty shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicycle SexFucker
Aug 15, 2007

I have zero interest in marriage.

Tom Collins posted:

I've never been offroading and I don't know anything about it, so explain to me these questions:

- How does the engine not hydrolock if it's submerged? Is there some sort of re-routed air intake? What about the exhaust, does it just bubble out or would you need a smokestack like a big semi?

- What about the interior? Surely it's not that water-tight...

It's a carb so the intake it actually pretty high up in the engine compartment, and he doesn't submerge it completely. there is no passenger window, so water gets in ALL THE TIME. Thankfully it's so much water no mold really grows.

As far as I know the air intake is completely stock, the only times he really kills it are when he's so vertical that the carb stops working.

The exhaust, as long as the engine is running the pressure should be enough to keep the water out no problem. (The only times you get water from the exhaust are when you are submerged and shut off the engine, sometimes there's enough backpressure to shoot it into the cylinders, or when you're back end is higher than your front end and you're submerged, completely.)