Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Toucan Sam posted:

Instead i bought a $300 Explorer XLT. I pretty much drive it all the time right now but in the next couple months it won't be road legal due to bumper height so it will be a part time driver.

Right now it has 32x11.50 tires and a 3" body lift.

An Explorer with rocker panels? You'd never see those in :canada:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
So 4x4 goons, I offer you this deal. If you're willing to remove it (i.e., tow it off the property and home - it's a roller), my co-worker has a 1988 Jeep Wagoneer that he would like to dispose of. I'll grab some pictures if someone is interested.

Here's the good:
- Dana 44 axles
- Crate motor (4.0 I believe) was installed in 2000

The body is rotten as well as the fuel tank. The truck will run if you pour fuel down the intake manifold - the coworker is one of the old timey guys willing to try that. In fact, that's how he moved it behind his garage last time.

Anyways, it's about 45minutes west of London, Ontario.
The price? $500.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested. I'd rather not craigslist it since I'd appreciate some goon ripping it apart and making a cool project/thread out of it.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Skyssx posted:

I figure this is the most appropriate thread to ask this question. Anyone done a differential swap on a Ford 7.5"?

My parents have a 4x2 Ranger that needs a good bit of work for safety's sake, and while i'm in there... The truck lives in Ohio, but only sees the road in winter or rain during an emergency, they drive the Focus all the time. Something is the matter with the RABS, resulting in zero rear brake bias. As you can imagine, this makes snow driving interesting. I see the fix list as follows:
  • Fix RABS issue
  • Rebuild entire front suspension
  • Perform neglected maintenance items
  • Replace 6 year old rock hard all-seasons with snow tires
  • Buy a second set of wheels and install AT/MT tires.
  • Possibly replace worn u-joints
  • Swap out 7.5" open differential for friction limited-slip

The last bit is the only thing I have no experience with. I realize most people use a shop. Would I just drop off the complete truck and new differential and say "call me when you're done"? Any recommendation as to which differential I should install? 8.8" axle + Torsen swap really isn't in the cards.

Consider radius arm bushings as well. I remember the older Rangers loved those.