Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
Thought I’d ask here hoping for some real world info…

I’ve got my dream 80 series shipping tomorrow from Japan, so I’ll have it in 5-6 weeks.

Any info on rear drawer setups? I like storage. But I’m not paying $2k+ for a lot I see. I DO see plenty in the $1-1200 range but who knows if that is garbage. Build a setup? Or don’t do anything?

I’m a mild off-roader, mainly family vacations and camping with the kids.

Don’t want to fall in the trap of being so excited about a new vehicle and buying stuff I regret

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

highme posted:

I'd poke around in the IH8Mud 80 series forum. I know there are plenty of threads in the GX forum talking about them. I feel like somebody here posted a relatively cheap, generic, half side drawer system from Amazon recently. Since adding some to my rig is a desire I looked at them, but don't think they were what I'd like.

Was in San Diego a couple of weekends ago and spotted this. The guy had just picked it up from port and was getting ready to drive it home to Utah. Said it got hail damage on the hood in transit. I couldn't see anything but he said it was real obvious when driving. Regardless it made my pants fit funny.

Nice. Yes I’ve mainly found the links through ih8mud forum I’m not on there but it comes up in google.

I’m not even sure putting drawers in is right for me but I like the idea.

Here is mine on the way

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I’ve not wanted to post anything…but after a few years of consideration and having well over a dozen JDM campers…I just don’t think that’s the way I wanted to go for me and the kids. It would just not get enough use to justify the lost profit.

I’ve been waiting months for it to get here, and still not at the house til Wednesday. But I’m really hoping this is the answer and everything I’ve built it up to be.

Just got the load pic from my driver

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
The gx is the Prado in the rest of the world and one of the most trusted platforms there is.

My friend has a beautiful gx for sale on FB and I’d buy it if it made any sense or needed an awesome vehicle. For like $11k I don’t know how you’d get a more capable and comfortable truck for the money.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005

Safety Dance posted:

Subaru's CVT is a lot better than Nissan's CVT, from what I've heard.

Well I think you’d have to actively try pretty hard to be worse than a Nissan CVT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
I went “muddin’” in my s10 blazer in high school early 90s bc the cheerleaders were having a car wash. They thought it was great but the cheerleader coach or advisor or whatever was so pissed off. These were all friends.

But…the gas station with an auto wash once would t take the code from buying gas and the cashier gave me a code to use. Well I figured out that was the master code and when we’d go off road I’d run through that thing like 5-6 times in a row in that blazer. For like 2 years straight