Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
breakdancin the night away
while i sympathize the lack of backchecking, i don't get the annoyance at breakaways

it's part of the game, deal with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008

Martytoof posted:

:lol: No, minutes upon minutes of literally breakaway after breakaway after breakaway isn't part of the game :q:

Neither is working recoveries on one leg all the time.

Pickup hockey is for working skills; breakaway reads are one of them.

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
gco, not to be a dick, but if you don't need that stuff, don't get it, especially if you're looking to play in college where you can get gear sponsored. i've seen way too many kids recently with new gear while their family leverages nonexistent credit.

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008

fenix424 posted:

Does anyone else not lace their Tour Redlines all the way to the top or am i the only one who is uncomfortable with them laced that high?

EDIT: BTW, these are my first skates ever and have only been skating a few months so I guess what I'm asking is not lacing them to the top hindering anything? I feel real uncomfortable with them laced to the top so i just leave the top undone.

they're one eyelet higher than most goalie skates because tour basically used the same last as the one they used for their old code red/code blue/code one skates and didn't change it

if you compare it to almost any other goalie skate they're an eyelet higher (except for Graf Pro Goalers which are a half eyelet higher)

they're quite fine that way and are a pretty good skate; i've managed to get about 2.5 seasons out of them

they do break down a lot later though, i really do need to get my grafs remounted with an inline chassis since it doesn't look like tour wants to give me free skates

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
use vinyl dye

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
i actually was part of the original decision to mandate that rule for DI in the ECRHA, which ended up pushing up to the NCRHA, so y'all can suck my balls.

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
for reference the rule references skater gear. to my knowledge it was never applied to goalies, although to be honest it should have.

i know this is going to sound like ROLLER HOCKEY IS loving SERIOUS BUSINESS and all but this is the highest level of college roller hockey and a fair number of schools treat it like a varsity sport. we wanted to kind of force the league to get up to speed with the rhode islands, lindenwoods, and ubuffalos of the world.

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
they're heavier than sherwood 9950/9980/c10s or rbk p2s or whatever foam core stick you are thinking about getting but they flex more, also you need to subtract 1.5" from the paddle length to get the equivalent in rbk/sherwood

i trapped a puck between my shoulder, neck, and mask this weekend at the aihl jamboree and someone actually snagged a picture of it, i'll try and post it

edit: dammit it has a watermark and blah blah blah need to pay the photographer but there's no way i'm paying $5 for the goddamn thing so go look at the link here and get a chuckle

http://wildpuck.smugmug.com/AIHL-American-Inline-Hockey/09-10-Regular-Season/11610-Nightmare-vs-Swamp-Rats/10962917_djxWZ#766042773_RbEtd

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
you don't want an rx9, trust me on dis

and yes it's almost an exact match from swd 26 to bauer 27.5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Thomas
Feb 12, 2008
the one time i used a demo of it i took three pucks to the palm that felt like gunshot wounds; it's partially how i hold the glove (handshake vs shopping cart)

i am very tender, apparently

• Locked thread