Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I wear a UA Heat Gear shirt and bandanna under my gear, it makes a noticeable difference to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
In a ten game league you should have to play at least 5 times to qualify for playoffs...that's a terrible rule. I'd be pissed if I were on that other team and you guys brought in ringers too. My summer league is 17 games and you need 12 to qualifty as a skater, and 10 for a goalie.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Tim Thomas posted:

Wow, that looks like it'll suck to see out of unless they really push the face forward in the mask. Ick.

Good news bad news situation-

Good news: I've made 106 saves in the last two games;
Bad news: there were 117 shots in the last two games

I'm getting tired of losing.

Dude, you and me both. My GAA is 4.76 and my save% is .910

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

Do you guys actually all play with a shot counter or keep your own tally? I've always had to keep my own so my stats have been.. well.. inflated, so say the least :v:

"Me? Oh it was another 150 shot night :cool:"

shot counter!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

New R10s. Bleh. Looks like an Eagle Fusion graphics stitcher went haywire.

Yeah, those are pretty hideous...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I miss playing 3 nights a week. :(

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

soggybagel posted:

Are you hurt or something? Or is the season just over?

Summer, less leagues open.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

Welcome to the cool kids' lunch table :cool:

I think all the cool goalies here wear Itech.

Right PMA?

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Where's a good place to buy sticks online?? The stores near me carry a bunch of poo poo, and not only is it poo poo, it's all lefty curved poo poo.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Some forward did the Sean Avery thing to me today.

Some forward is gonna have a nice welt on his arm.

I got 14 PIM's for the retaliation.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Anyone else give up a GWG softie with 15 seconds left last night or just me?? :(

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

Look at it this way. At least it wasn't a rinkwide SHG on a desperation clear from the opposite goal line. BY THE OTHER GOALIE.

So buck up :cool:

edit: Never happened to me, I'm just thinking of a scenario that could be worse :haw:

I wasn't really pissed about it, I mean I've won that team plenty of games too, no big deal. Just get ready for the next one.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

I've been working on my glove hand a LOT lately, and have the same problem, though it doesn't appear to be the same issue. My problem seems like I *ALWAYS* place my glove out far enough that the puck hits my wrist block and bounces out.

That's pretty typical for a b-fly goalie though. I make a lot of wrist cuff saves.

I'm usually good for one nice catch per game though. Had a nice windmill this morning that was dangerously close to being over the line.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

crashlanding posted:

How do you butterfly goalies know when to go down? I mean is it purely feel and experience or are there cues from the shooter that you follow?

all feel here, I go down early a lot though - I just feel more comfortable seeing everything around me when I'm in my butterfly

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
http://www.goaliestore.com/board/Classifieds/showproduct.php/product/5742/cat/8

I'm ordering one, I'll report back.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Polish posted:

Can't you get like 30 Shamwows for that price?

It's not just a piece of shamwow, it's sewn around a normal headband, plus it's free shipping, so it's worth a try!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Tim Thomas posted:

sbaizzle, go grab an upholsterer's needle or a sewing awl ($5), some shamwows ($10), and just do 'er yourself. then you'd really get like 20 headbands for the same price that dude is charging.

sba is lazy

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
just got this jersey in the mail from River City, should match my stuff really well, plus it adds some color other than black/white/silver to my gear

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Polish posted:

Still waiting for the trip report on the shamwow... considering making one. Get to it!

I used it Sunday...it worked REALLY well. Played a two hour pickup game, and it held up beautifully.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I played 2 hours of pickup yesterday morning and only gave up 4 goals. 2 were deflections i had no prayer on.

I was pretty happy, because I've been slumping lately.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

a small thumb-sized hole on the rear end that's hard to make out -- never really bothered me.

;-*

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Aniki posted:

I'm in the market for a new glove too. I think the padding my Itech X-Wing 7.8 has finally worn down and it's time for me to go with a pro level trapper. I am kind of interested in a TPS glove, since I like the Lundvist theory of just having a glove that always stays open. However, I am going to take a look at the Vaughn T3 7500 tomorrow and see if I like it. I was hoping to replace my leg pads and gloves at the same time, but I'm getting concerned since I went from never feeling any shots to my glove, to feeling just about every shot to my glove. Maybe I could save money if I went back to never catching pucks?

There's no way i'd try the Lundy method, you have to have insane amounts of skill to cradle a puck in the pocket like that. Plus you'd be a huge rebound factory.

You could get a bit of a stiffer palm, but don't get a glove that can't close...you'll regret it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
One of my buddies brought a camera to our Sunday morning fuckaround today, I knew that jersey looked good when I bought it:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Space Cadet posted:

Question: When playing without skates of any variety what do you guys do with your bottom straps and toe ties?

I pull my toe ties out, bottom strap through the loop on the back of my shoe. They also make a Nike shoe that has a gap in the bottom that you can thread it through.

cameronThornton posted:

Does no one wear shin guards or is it just that one guy?

Most people do I'm pretty sure...that dude is nuts, drat good player though.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Had my awards banquet yesterday, finished second in MVP voting and won best goalie :)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Deer_fire posted:

Basically it looks like he's using a full right stick as a non-full right goalie.

I do this, I shoot righty and catch lefty.

And it's a bitch finding righty curve goalie sticks at the proshops here.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I have RX5's and they're the greatest pads I've ever owned.

And I'm going to be really pissed when Bauer starts loving around with Itech :(

I love this pic, I hate how blurry it is.

sba fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Apr 11, 2009

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

gco posted:

I got an email about that merge. What happened to the Nike symbol in front of Bauer making it "Nike Bauer"? Is Itech, Nike, and Bauer equipment all just going to be "Bauer" now?

Yep.

Stephen Valiquette of the Rangers was wearing RX Bauers for awhile:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I wear sleep pants under my pads. They're mega-absorbent and never chafe.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I don't take warmup shots.

These reasons above are why.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

titanium posted:

whaaaaa?

You should take some shots. Your teammates should know to exercise your legs and corners but not have a hardest slapshot comp.

Can you tell them? Because everyone just tees off.

I dunno, it doesn't effect me at all - I just stretch and watch the other team's shooters.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
We beat the #1 team in our league last night :cool:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I haven't played in 10 days, I loving hate summer.

I'm gonna end up doing something dumb like getting a new mask done.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Danglers rule, don't hate.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I skated at The Aud and played pickup there one night and it was loving amazing...the ice was the best I've ever been on.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

titanium posted:

Here's some pics from my friend Keith Long.

Your gloves are on backwards.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
gently caress that, how about everyone going to RBK Revokes...everyone and their mother has them this year.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Best Revokes so far:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I don't like the 1/30/31/35 numbers, so I wear 29 as well. 92 if I can't have it for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'm thinking about getting a new mask done.

My current one:

I want to keep a similar theme, but I want to add a lot of blue to it.

The black parts of that have reflective red paint that shows up in certain angles, I'm thinking of doing that, but using blue, and making it a bit more visible. Then I'm getting a tribute to my dad who passed away in September on the backplate (no idea what sort of design im gonna use there yet).

• Locked thread