Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

Yeah, but the bars are slightly dented in the middle. Welding is still solid though. I've got like three Eddy shells to refurb into one working mask, it's so ridiculous. If you want it it's yours.

Totally, send me a message on FB and we can work something out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surfing Turtle posted:

Anyone selling an extra set of leg pads that are 32"? I just realized I need another set to use for the street when I play roller at the local rink here. I don't want to chew up these Itechs I actually like them a lot.

I have a set of these if you're interested...they're 32"

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surfing Turtle posted:

Which prodigy series are those? How much are you looking for?

They're 4.8's and I have no idea...feel free to make an offer! I have no idea what it'll cost to ship them, so figure that in, but I'm moving soon and the less I have to take with me, the better! Plus you know, SAS goalie solidarity and all.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
coring at gmail

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

And so the SAS goalie game in s. ont dream dies :(

Nah, still in Buffalo :cool:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surfing Turtle posted:

My 44" Reebok goalie bag just came in. Safe to say this cannot fit in most peoples trunks.

Hope you have a big trunk, cuz I wanna put my goalie bag in it.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I'm sick of playing well and losing. I thought a 2 week break would help, but I seriously played out of my head last night and my teams just can't score goals.

Frustrating.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Marty is yelling at me on FB because I used my pads on asphalt. (I velcro'd the poo poo out of them)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surfing Turtle posted:

drat it looks like I will be investing in some knee pads with some hard plastic on them. I feel better mobility wise without the thigh boards.

Don't buy anything, I threw a set in with the pads I sold you, try those first. (You should have got them Saturday, but I'm assuming you didn't...let me know when they show up)

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Post your water drinking techniques itt.

Best tangent discussion ever in this thread.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surfing Turtle posted:

Noob goalie question. Where do you guys tuck the extra leather from the straps?

I'm a cutter :eek:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Surfing Turtle posted:

Thanks, I knew it was something simple and obvious lol.

sba: not evident from the pads I grabbed from you!

Yeah, those weren't as bad, my RX's had super long straps though, so I cut those.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Is GSBB down for everyone, I haven't been able to get on it since last night.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

brosef deluxe posted:

We should have a 'post a pic of you in your gear' derail. I am curious to see what all of us fashion conscious gear whores are rocking.

Most recent, from the Sabres street torunament:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

real_scud posted:

Are you using a full right stick in the wrong hand?

I shoot right, but catch left.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Martytoof posted:

After playing 3 games in 4 days I kind of feel like I could play one more. I'm not sure how long I could keep it up, but 4 games a week would be pretty ballin'.

I'm playing Sundays, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and it sucks...it's too much imo. You'll get sick of it fast.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

gigabitnokie posted:

So those Larceny pads haven't let in an NHL goal yet :smug:

I'm sure Holtby has let in goals in the NHL since this post, but there's another goalie who has 2 straight shutouts since switching to Larcenys...

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

titanium posted:

What have I done? :shepface:

ordered a boring looking set of gloves :smug:

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

gigabitnokie posted:

Anybody else enjoying a nice holiday break from hockey?

Sorta, my groin's been bothering me for like a week, played yesterday and it's sore as gently caress today. Have a bunch of plans this week, including going to the Winter Classic....so I'm just going to take the week off and see if it feels better.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

gigabitnokie posted:

I hope they play the WC :ohdear:

No poo poo...I got my tickets off Craigslist, I'd get a partial refund (whatever the face value is), but not near what I paid for them.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Aniki posted:

What injuries are you guys playing through right now?

My groin is still kinda hosed up from the last time I posted about it. Still playing 3 nights a week though, so that's not helping matters any.

Space Cadet posted:

Have any of you gone through what I am currently experiencing?

Sorta, one of my teams is historically bad, and I've been kinda blowing them off for about a month. I really like the kids on it (I'm the old man), so I feel kinda bad...but I just get frustrated giving up cross crease tap ins and 3 on 1s all night. I showed up this week, and they had a brand new jersey for me (Goalie cut and everything) so now I'll feel even worse not showing up there. To be fair though, the last 4 games they've had have interfered with work or my travel schedule, so I had a legit excuse (I can't leave early 2 nights a week pretty much without my co-workers getting all butthurt about it).

My one other team in the same league is winning games by 8-10 goals every night, and I see maybe 10 shots if I'm lucky, so my motivation for that is kinda "welp, guess ill go get dressed and stand around for an hour".

sba fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Mar 12, 2011

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Aniki posted:

Has anyone else noticed that female players always seem to screen and act surprised when you push them out of the way? I nearly got a penatly for pushing down a chick that was screening me, but to be fair I treat them like I would any other player, so if someone screens me, I'll fight back and get them out of the way regardless of their gender.

I'm pretty sure this happens regardless of gender.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I played for the first time in 3 months yesterday. 6 20 minute games in a tournament for a girl's birthday party.

I was AWFUL in the first game, but played much better in the other 5, then went 4/5 in the shootout after the last one.

My legs hurt like hell today.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
Legs update: still hurt.

I can't tell if it's the 3 months I took off, or that fact that I'm getting old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
I think there's horrible facebook pics of me too, I hope there's one with a puck behind me you can make fun of

• Locked thread