Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!

Bootcha posted:

I don't know what you're in for when you get back Bradf0rd, but it's not as bad as what I have right now.

hah, I'm in the same boat. The two teams I'm on now are pretty terrible, but there's not much I can do this season. I feel like I stand on my head for my full time team every week, and we're like 3-6. A good night is only giving up 4 goals. They just don't play good d or know how to possess the puck. Its tough. And I get ot play my old team tonight in what I anticipate to be a blood bath.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Amazingly we got a point out of the game the other night. Went up 6-3 at one point, and then we just tried to go into a defensive shell which was a bad idea. They tied it up and won in OT. I faced 51 shots though, which in a 45 minute game is alot. Everyone, including the league director said I played amazingly well, and was a major reason why it wasn't a blowout, but man, a win would've been so nice.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Saw this in the N/V thread...but man...that movement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0AcBNQlgGE

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Finished our season in 7th place. We play the 2 seed in the playoffs tomorrow night. Won't be an easy game. Playing the team I got back onto ice with a few years back. Great group of guys, but have made significant strides in getting better since then. Will be a very tough game. Although, as a team, only 2 other teams got more points off of the top 4 ranked teams (the first and second place teams), and personally, I finished with by far the most shots against and saves...even with missing a game.

Also, the team that booted me off had by far their worst season since my ex-friend and I had started it. They finished just a couple points ahead of us, and have a brutal road to try and win a championship. After they quite possibly get beat in the first round of the playoffs tomorrow night, I'm really considering a smugpost on facebook, since a handful of the guys on the team I'm still friends with.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Summer session is under way today, we lost our first game 5-4 to a team that pretty much overhauled, and have some questionable players for the division. Regardless, we still could've won if we buried some chances (hit 3 posts), and there wasn't really a "good" goal I gave up. The gwg was a heartbreaker. Elevated pass from the right corner, I was in reverse VH, ready to glove it, my dman deflected it right over my glove, hit one of their guys in the leg on the other side, and it fluttered in.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

My team, which I said to some friends after our loss last week was too easy to play against put up our first really solid game of the season lastnight. So of course we lost 2-1. We played the team that went undefeated in regular season last season, but lost in the finals, although they are a little changed from last season, two of their 3 best players were forced to move up, and they don't have the scoring punch they used to, but their goalie, who's been in an insane zone for about 6 months now, played out of his mind, like usual. We both made 40 saves according to the scorekeeper (which was probably exaggerated by about 10 for each of us), he definitely had to make the tougher saves, and he won them the game. Any other team of their goalie who's played all their games otherwise up to lastnight, and we probably win. We play a middle road team next week, and I just hope we can play that well again, as we could definitely win, but who knows.

The soft ice is getting to me too. Im just digging ice lately and not going anywhere. When I get my skates sharpened during our bye week next week, I think I'm going to go down to 5/8 as well, as I've been at 7/16 for a season and change now.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Picked up a second team for the fall. Along with my current team where I'm seeing the most shots per game (besides the absolutely godawful last place team), this team apparently isn't great, but a tier above the team I'm on now. Sounds like I'll be getting plenty of work twice a week!

Oh, and interesting note, the whole drama/getting kicked off the team I formed last year...after having 3 straight of the worst seasons the team has ever had, they've inexplicably decided to move up a division. Should be interesting to see.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

My current team I think I finished at like 38-39 shots a game or something. Even with a fairly decent save percentage, I was giving up 4 and change or so goals a game. Problem was, in about half, I kept it under 3, and the other half, I was giving up a ton more, all towards the end of the season when we'd be lucky to be skating with 10.

On a side note...has anyone washed thier C/A in the washing machine? I was thinking about trying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

Zip! posted:

Just stick it in the bath with some light detergent and scrub it with a fine scrubbing brush.

Yeah but I don't wanna scrub

• Locked thread