Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Tim Thomas posted:

I have no idea where you live, but the Goalie Crease apparently has an indoor synthetic ice thingy where you can try on some of their demo gear and scoot about! That might be a great thing to try if you're near Toronto and have nothing better to do one afternoon.

Badass. I've been meaning to head out there to Goalie Heaven when they confirm they have the 7400s in stock to look at, I might have to swing by here too :cool:

Wonderllama posted:

he did mention that he was buying some new sean burke pads, so hopefully they are huge and illegal and stuffed with HGH or something. because god he sucks and playoffs start next week.

Does any goalie in the NHL besides Rockin Rayzor Emery wear Brians now? Seems like Brians has taken a dive in popularity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I didn't even know you could get the Turco Break on the 8k. Pretty sweet.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So during the past two weeks, I learned that I should be in some sort of remedial breakaway training.

Seriously, I don't think I stopped one breakaway in the past two weeks. I'll track the shooter back into the blue paint, but at this point he's still holding the puck and not giving me ANY visible clues as to which direction he's leaning. If I keep tracking it back any further I'll be IN my net, and if I go down he's got a clear shot at one side or another. I'm doing something VERY wrong here, and I'm going to have to fix it ASAP.

Oh and jesus christ, my groin feels like someone took an axe to it. Come on muscles, hurry up and develop <:mad:>

On the upside, today's shinny had a dude who was perfectly happy to just line up pucks and take shots on me rather than deke me out of my skates. It gave me precious time to work on my glove/blocker. I've got a bad habit of catching with the palm of my glove leading to some hilarious Rayzor like rebounds and popouts. I've got to concentrate on catching with the mesh, but that'll come in time. I was pretty happy to see him, and hope he keeps coming out.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 7, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I play with a McKenney 450 which is a laughably low end C/A. It seems to be fine even with these A leaguers I'm shinnying with now. Sure I FEEL the shot, but it never really hurts. I just know they hit me. The only stinger I've ever felt was when I do something dumb and take a puck just below my elbow on the underside, where there is no padding. I managed to get hit there twice, in two successive shots, a long time ago. That knot didn't go away for what had to be a good month and a half.

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

^^^^If he's holding that long pokecheck him.

Hmm. Good call. I'm still getting used to my skates again, but I typically loved being an active puck player, so hopefully I can remember to do that next time :haw:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

T-Bone posted:

a lot of goalies (including yours truly) would wear soccer goalie arm pads underneath them. Man goalie equipment used to suck.

This is the loving bee's knees of advice right here. I will have to hit up SportCheck or something to see what they have.

I've only been hit there twice, but jesus gently caress never again.

So on the topic of safety, does anyone have any good ideas at minimizing the clanging of a dangler? I guess you get used to it after a while, but right now it's driving me up the loving wall. I decided to put it back on after a hit to the mask today in shinny, but it's all CLANG CLANG CLANG I'M ON YOUR MASK CLANG CLANG CLANG

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pleads posted:

It looks like most of you don't wear the hanging neck-guard from your helmet, is that because it's uncomfortable/awkward, or just that you don't think neck-related stuff is enough of a risk to warrant it?

Well, when I was playing with the beer leaguers in Tampa, I was playing with guys who could barely lift the puck off the ice once in ten tries, so I didn't really feel TOO exposed (yeah, it sounds stupid when I read it too, ok <:mad:> )

I'm putting it back on for next week.

I don't think I could ever get used to wearing an actual neck guard though. Every time I put one on it's constricted and feels like it's slowing my head movements because it's torquing my skin or something else stupid like that.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Joey Walnuts posted:

Got to try out my new 8K's tonight. I absolutely love them.

I don't know how I missed this post. Is the pad construction visibly better/different? If I asked you to take a photo of the major differences, would there be anything to show off, really, or would it just be a "same pad, better stitching maybe, better materials" type of thing?

Tim Thomas posted:

car door trim (http://www.trim-gard.com/)

Good idea. Anything to dampen that infernal clanging.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh man, the 6k is just painted on? :psyduck:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Polish posted:

Just played goalie for the first time tonight.. roller hockey. It was so much fun.. and I honestly didn't think it was going to be that much work.. but jesus christ.. I think you can add another goalie to SAS.. :)

God drat gear is expensive..

loving awesome. Definitely go look for some secondhand gear. Don't buy new stuff until you know what you like. I mean, yeah, even then it's pretty expensive :(

Suspicious posted:

What about street hockey goalie equipment?

Yeah, not if you want to live to play two consecutive games :haw:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Floor might actually be easier on the pads than the rough and jagged ice. That aside, definitely take a look at PMA's slide pads mod.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

1400 is the "Windowmaker" so to speak. I've held one, put one one, and it felt a little flimsy. I'd probably go with an Itech 2500 at least.

Right now I wear an NXi Phantom which is loving awesome. Before then I wore two other Eddy GTs that I fixed up and painted myself:

Edit: What size mask do you wear anyway? Both of my Eddys are sitting around collecting dust. If you don't mind replacing the foam on the inside (or living with my DIY foam), I'll let you have one for a song. They'll no doubt be better than a plastic Itech.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Mar 12, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Pleads posted:

Wait wait wait, I think I found the flaw in all of this. You guys are all from the States, right? So not only do you have fear of injury, but fear of millions of dollars in medical bills if you take a slapper to the teeth.

I'm back in Canada baby!

(But I still want to live)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Holy poo poo I just :fap: when I saw Mike Smith's new Tampa RBKs

:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Oh false alarm, upon closer inspection they're not all that sexy. They're kind of Kings-ish actually.

I thought they were primarily blue with black and white highlights :smith:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

It would have been cool if he went with black and blue highlights on a white pad, sort of like MAF :cool:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I worked on my breakaway problem a little today and had some moderate success, but oh god HERE COMES THE FIVEHOLE. I think the Velos are just too big for my narrow bfly. I end up stacking pad on pad unless I actually remember to move my legs apart a little :smith:

So I think for better or for worse, I'll be getting a new set fairly soon. On the bright side, my tax refund just came in so I am finally going to head up to Toronto to check out some pads. On the down side, everything here is so loving expensive, even with the strong dollar <:mad:>

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Not sure what you mean by elbow pads, unless you are just looking for extra protection. Your chest protector should have some kind of rudimentary elbow protection built in already.

The 6k is a decent beginner's set I think. The resale value will be next to nil when you have to replace them, but as long as you're okay with that they'll work well. Only thing I've heard is durability issues.

No comment on the mask, I know next to nothing about Vaughn masks. I'm betting they're a ghosting of some other brand but I can't tell which off the top of my head.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

http://goaliemonkey.com/sherwood-goalie-chest-protector-ab9960.html

Edit: That RBK one isn't too bad, I've tried it on. I'm a big fan of smaller more compact CA's though, but I guess I sacrifice protection for mobility :(

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Koopa Kid posted:

The Captain America and Wolverine ones are atrocious.

In their defense, you stand a pretty good chance of developing some sort of mutant super power when you're in the hospital repeatedly getting X-Rays taken of your head after wearing that mask and suffering massive head trauma.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I bet you money that it's not painted, it's a sticker or something.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Internet Victory posted:

I'll sell you this for $50+shipping if you're in the US.

Holy crap, buy this. I wear the same one only smaller, it is so loving comfortable.

Friendly Factory posted:

Against all better judgment, I'm thinking about trying out goaltending. I'm standing at 6'2" right now and I'm wondering what kind of pads are for me. Also, marty, if you know of any goalie clinics in the area that would be great. :shobon:

I don't really know about any goalie clinics that won't cost you biggg buxxxx. I know cause I'm looking too :haw:

If you're serious, I don't think I'm going to be able to make pickup on the 28th so you're more than welcome to put my gear on and take some slappers from these hotshots.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Mar 15, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Friendly Factory posted:

That would be pretty loving sweet. I can't be any worse than you are. :haw:

:downsrim:

What size skates do you wear? You can use mine or you can just play in your crappy player skates I guess :cool:

Accel, get the gently caress out of Vancouver and move here already jesus.....

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Well, it's official. I'm a dirty brand switcher. I just came home from Duke's with a new set of 35" RBK 8Ks.

I really wanted to see what all the fuss was about, so I went over to Duke's and tried on a pair. At first I was all -- no this is completely wrong, these things are just falling off of me. Coming from Velocities the leg channel was strikingly bare. After the initial shock of not having any leg bracing though, I actually have to say that I began to like it. The rotation was super clean and fell into the butterfly very neatly. After playing around with the strapping a little and toying around in them for 10 minutes, I was in heaven. Not to take away from my Velocities at all because they're so comfortable you could put a baby to sleep behind them while taking shots from Chara all day, but the reduced height and width along with the bare channel made me feel like I could fly with these things on. Seriously, it was eye-opening.

My initial hesitation with the RBK line was that the back looked really chintzy. Not to exaggerate, but they looked like the back of my lovely DR pads. I was pretty worried about the 8K line being a huge step down from the pro pads, but they had a number of the PS2 pads in stock too, and the difference was negligible. I guess in this case perception was reality. They looked lovely so I assumed they were. I tried the PS2s on for size and they didn't fit noticeably better or more comfortably, so I was satisfied that I wasn't taking a huge dive with the Sr. series.

I walked out with a pair in white/silver, about as close to all-white as you can get. I can't wait to try these on ice. I can see a few areas that the cheaper material will give way in absolutely no time, but luckily it's all areas that I can easily reinforce myself.

They didn't have the 7400 velocities yet. Apparently they're already in Canada but sitting in a container in BC somewhere. I tried the V3s on for size and they were really loving nice, but I'm not ready to drop the $1400 CDN. They estimated the price to be somewhere in the $699 area for the 7400s which may be BS or may not be, but what do I know.

Anyway, pics later. I've got to grab some late lunch!

nahanahs posted:

I have some advice to request. I have to play two games tomorrow with an hour in between. What can I do between games to get my energy back up before the second game?

PMA mentioned mixing some protein mix AS SOON AS you get back into the locker room after your game, but I haven't tried it myself. I don't see why it wouldn't work.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 17, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

:clint:

:laffo: man those Velos have shrunk. Check out the width and puffiness compared to the RBK.

Edit: The Velos are also nowhere near as straight as the RBKs so that extra inch or so is all curve.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Mar 17, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thanks. Well, there's at least two people who want to try them on, then I guess I'll sell them. They're pretty much in the same state they were when you sold them to me so I'll try to recoup whatever you sold them to me for.

Joey Walnuts posted:

Got to try out my new 8K's tonight. I absolutely love them. The knee-lifts are far more comfortable than the 6K's are and my butterfly just seemed perfect with these. The only con so far is that they're pretty stiff, though I've only used them once so they'll break-in soon enough. The straps are also much more durable than the 6K.

I went from 32" on the 6K's to 35" on the 8K's. With the 32's, I couldn't ever get the pads to connect on my butterfly, but now I don't have any problems at all. I'm 5'9" and my ankle to knee is 18" so they might be just a touch too big for me, but so far so good.

Mine is 17.5 so they overlap a little when they come down in the bfly, but they're so much narrower than my pillow Vaughns that I haven't managed to intentionally stack the pads yet :cool:

I'd hate to see what the straps on the 6K are, because my only complaint so far seems to be that the straps on the 8Ks are awfully thin and they look kind of brittle to me. Looks like all the straps are replaceable though, which is loving awesome because I'm kind of worried that they'll tear.

I know the purists are going to hate on this, but I almost wish I could swap these out with quick-release snaps. I love the snaps on the velos, and really once I find a length I like I doubt I'll ever really change it again, so why not v:shobon:v

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Mar 17, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

eXXon posted:

What's the point of the extra strip of material running down the outside of each pad? Every once in a while when playing ball hockey with terrible pads I used to wear pads on the wrong leg so they were on the inside and gave me a tiny chance of actually being able to close my pads together. Having done so I never figured out what the point of them was or why you'd want them on the outside of the pad rather than the inside.

It's so we can tell which goalies to make fun of.

Seriously though, the medial roll is supposed to keep pucks from jumping from your pad surface over the pad into the goal, like if someone were to swipe it up your pad surface for example, in a goalmouth scramble, they would hit the roll and theoretically be deflected away.

On certain pads it's triangular so it seems to actively deflect away.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Tim Thomas posted:

Truth be told, it doesn't really need to be there

Also they look cool <:mad:>

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

You didn't really think I'd let 24 hours go by without doing something to my new babies, did you?

Added some "leather" caps to these boot flaps. They didn't come out as awesome on the bottom as I'd hoped, but I'll wait until the ice tears them apart to make better ones. The calf wrap may be on the short list for a little leather augmentation as well.

Also you may have noticed in the above picture -- goodbye RBK 8k toe ties, HELLO VAUGHN TOE TIES!

I'll be replacing the flimsy leather straps as soon as I can find some better ones that don't involve gutting my Velos.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Tim Thomas posted:

Haha, those Vaughn ties are actually Mission toe ties from the prototype pair I had! As for the straps, go to JoAnn Fabrics or EMS or your local equivalent and buy 1" nylon belt and some clips and save yourself some hassle.

Yeah, I'm probably going to end up replacing the entire set with the nylon belts. Just need to think of a good way to replace the existing lower buckles with snap connectors and I'm golden!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

:siren: TRIP REPORT :siren:

Went out to shinny at 1 today hoping to get used to them before the packed shinny on Fridays. We had enough guys to hold a game, though I was the only goalie, I just switched off every 10 minutes, good time was had by all.

Initial impression:

With all my gear on, walking out with my new pads was a little weird. They were very floppy, though I had come to expect that. I ended up tightening the straps to two finger-widths slack. I think this ended up being a little too tight since they didn't really want to return square after I stood back up.

I found that if the straps were too loose, however, the outside calf wrap wouldn't stay "outside" and tended to bend inward into my leg channel. I'm wondering how on earth I can fix this because I certainly don't want my calf wrap in there. It'll be uncomfortable for one, and .. well .. it's a calf wrap so it's not doing what it's supposed to. Any recommendations RBKers? I can't imagine I'm the only one to have noticed this.

The knee lock elastic is WAY too loose. I mean I could probably reduce it by 30-40% and it would be ideal. I'm keeping the upper pad straps pretty loose so the lock is the only thing keeping my knee from falling out of the landing gear, and I had some close calls today. Obviously this is the byproduct of building a pad for the lowest common denominator. Luckily enough, since the strap is velcroed on both ends I can either just hack it up or find a shorter piece of velcro elastic. Easy to fix!

Sliding. These pads slide TOO well. The leather on the Velos was starting to wear on the landing gear and I think the rougher material helped slow the pads down. The first time I did a cross-crease slide, I slid clear out of the blue paint (much to everyone's amusement). It probably took me the better part of a dozen tries to figure out how to control my slide again. The biggest problem now is that my gaping five-hole problem is exposed. My butterfly slide is some sort of horrible mutation of a half-butterfly where my trailing pad will be level with the ground but my leading pad will be cocked just off the ice enough to led a puck in. This is nothing but me (not) practicing my proper form and not learning from my mistakes. I gave up three of these goals today, and I made it priority number one to make sure that my cross crease slides are now perfectly level with the ice. Still a work in progress!

Rebounds. Holy poo poo does this pad give up rebounds. Luckily for me two things happen -- the consistency of the rebounds means I had an easier time tracking where the puck exploded off of me, and the absolutely flat face actually helped me direct rebounds, something I never managed to master in my Velos. I'm not saying I can do it with a great deal of consistency yet, but I made more saves on initial rebounds than I ever have before.

:siren: BATTLE DAMAGE :siren:

Well, a pro pad it ain't. I'm starting to show a little material fraying by my landing gear and my inner calf wrap where it comes into some contact with my knee protector. It's by no means in bad shape, but seeing how there is visible fraying after just one light shinny I think I'll be taking the leather and awl to these bits too. Basically anything in a high-contact area I plan to wrap in leather. By the end of this I may just have more leather than a PS2 :haw:

---

So the takeaway here is what? I need to work on my strapping a little more. Once I figure out what to do about my outer calf wrap folding problem I'll feel a lot more comfortable giving my pads a little more freedom.

I felt GOOD in these pads. Scratch that, I felt GREAT. I know the pads don't make the stop the goalie does, but today I must have been running on new-gear high because I made just about every save (drat you fivehole!), stoned shooters on a few fantastic breakaways, and it even translated to more confidence in my glove and blocker. The attitude makes the man, and in this case my attitude is definitely something that I want to bring into every game from hereon in.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Thanks for the wrap suggestion, I'll stretch those babies out right now.

When I realized that rebounds were coming out consistently, I actually had a pretty good time trying to direct them if I was able to. I'm not saying i got it down pat, but I definitely realized the potential.

No knee elastic sounds scary. The landing gear is bigger than the knee wing on the pad itself, and I can already feel myself landing on the ice with the landing gear, versus with the landing gear on the knee wing. I'm scared that the next step is me landing knee on ice :colbert:

Oh speaking of which I need better knee pads. Not to rag on PAW but the strapping system is basically useless now. The velcro all but gave out, and the kneepads are just all over the place. They were good for the money and they do the job, but I think I'll look to move up and out of these.

Yeah I can't really explain why I lift my leading leg. I do think it has something to do with straining to reach. I've never actually been taught how to butterfly properly so I'm sure I'm doing it horribly wrong having learned it from watching others. When I get it right I get it right and will make the cross crease save 9 out of 10 time unless it's roofed. When I get it wrong, it goes spectacularly wrong and I give up a retarded looking five hole goal every loving time :(

I will have someone take video one of these days so you guys can critique and tell me how I suck :)

Also shut up, I'm older than 90% of SAS <:mad:>

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Internet Victory posted:

What happened to the velcro on your PAW knee pads. I hope mine don't fall apart :(

They're not falling apart per se, I think I've just worn the velcro out. It's extremely fuzzy and doesn't hold anymore. I can't remember one time in recent memory where I walked off the ice and took my gear off to find that the kneepads were still velcroed on. Only thing holding them on is the fact that I'm securely in the leg channel and they don't have a chance to move around.

quote:

Have you tried strapping your pads like this?

Loose up top and a little tighter at the bottom?

That doesn't really look loose at all :raise: -- that said I'll try loosening them at the top a little more :)

Friendly Factory, let's do your goalie thing next week instead of this friday.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Polish posted:

Finnaly got all of my stuff today and played for about two hours or so. Everything is so stiff but I can feel some of it breaking in already. Alright time for some newbie questions...

1. Why the gently caress were my leg pads slipping off to the left or right.. they were tightened as tight as possible.. but I had to keep hitting them back into place.
2. Holy hell.. after an hour I thought I was going to die from heat exhaustion/lack of endurance. It was outside and fairly cool but still.. we were playing half rink and I had to take a break after about an hour... I will chalk this one up to smoking.. and the fact that I am out of shape. (drat cubicle job)
3. My five hole sucks rear end..not playing on skates next time
4. Holy hell that was a blast.

Any comments.. general tips for not sucking at everything.. and anything else you would like to tell me would be great.. gently caress I'm tired.

fake edit: Any other videos anyone recommends besides the ones in the OP that I watched about 50 times at work today would be helpful... and what the hell are those shoelaces on the ends of my pads for!!!

So beaten but:

The laces at the toe of your pads are the toe ties. You tie them to the front of the skate, usually by weaving the lace between the cowling, but however you do it is up to you. They serve two purposes. They help your pads rotate when your feet turn, and they help your pads rotate back into place when you reset. I keep 1.5" of slack on mine because I've learned that's what's comfortable for me.

1. You want a degree of movement in your pads. If you are landing with your pad face on the ground, that is incorrect. When you fall to your knees, your feet should turn slightly thus rotating your pads. If your pads are rotating when you are standing up, I have no idea what you could be doing wrong. I would recommend you actually do NOT tighten your pads as much as possible. I know that is your first instinct, but you actually want the pads to be able to rotate relatively freely. That way when you get up the pads will move back into natural position.

2. Nah, everyone thinks goalies just stand there and move side to side and it's no effort whatsoever, but the truth is that we're always moving, adjusting, and when the action is in or near our crease there is a LOT of effort exerted. You're tired because an hour of playing is an hour of exercise. If you show me a goalie who isn't at least somewhat winded after an hour, I'll be pretty surprised. The more you play though, the more your stamina will build up. After six months off I barely made it through an hour, and now I'm doing two hour shinny with no problem. I'm dead tired, but I'm still on my feet.

3. I'm not sure why playing without skates would help your five-hole. Chances are you just need to work on getting comfortable and learning to drive to your knees properly. You'll likely find that you're better off with skates because they'll make you more maneuverable.

4. It just gets better!

--

sba, it's all I can do to not photoshop Malarchuk's face onto your finger :smith:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's cool -- my only concern is that with shoes you're really not going to have any way to connect your toe ties, unless you tie them to the bottom part of your laces or something :)

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Polish posted:

Marty.. when you first learned how to play goalie.. just to get the basic movements down etc.. were you on skates right away or did you practice on feet first?

I really wanna use my skates.. but I think it would be benificial to me.. at least for getting basic movements down.. to go in shoes for now.. Does that make sense or should I just suck it up and use my skates?

I was on skates right away. I couldn't, and still can't, use my pads without skates on -- even in my living room. It feels way too bizarre. I basically went into it completely cold and just learned everything on the fly :haw:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

So I'm kind of having some strapping issues with the RBKs. They're not really rolling back to center when i come up off the butterfly. The straps are super loose at the top, and two-finger-width tight at the ankles, and the boot straps are tight enough that there's no real slack to them, but they're not overtightened by any means.

I'm thinking of reducing my toe tie slack a little, I've got probaby and inch and a half, maybe I'll bring that down to a half an inch so my toes bring the pads back to center a little. Anything else you guys can think of? I'm curious to hear what you guys with the 6K and 8K pads do for your straps.

I also really need to do something about the loose knee cradle lock. Either cut the velcro down a little or something because my knee is constantly threatening to slide right out.

Small stuff aside, these are still so loving :fap:

I'm going to be selling my Velos once I get them back from melt, just to recoup some of the cost. So long old friends. I'd like to sell them package complete with the gloves since they go so well together, but based on some recent reviews I've read of the 8K gloves I think I'm going to shell out the $500 for a new pair of matching Battram gloves once I get the second part of my tax return in, so I need to hang on to the ones I have a little longer :smith:

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Mar 29, 2008

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Absolutely. I don't understand how people who wear thighboards keep them from catching in their pants. I know they all have fancy straps and poo poo to help with that, but I've yet to see a combination that works with either of my pants.

With my new pads, I didn't even wait. I took the thighboards off on the subway ride back from the store. They came off even before the price tag did :haw:

That being said, I really need a new pair of knee pads.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

That's right, you know how awesome we are :cool:

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Open hockey fights are just awkward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I don't really take open hockey seriously at all. Maybe because I don't pay to get in and (not to sound like a dick but) they need me more than I need to be there, so I get a little leeway in how I can behave, relax, and joke around and whatnot.

some kinda jackal fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 13, 2008

• Locked thread