Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

sba posted:

Don't two-hand my arm while I'm covering up in the crease 30 seconds after the whistle has blown. :mad:

When I was a kid I was "Always going for the strong two handed poke check." Any damage to the back of the knee was incidental.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

When I was twelve I got banged up from a cheap mask (and some hotshot Canadian fourteen year old that was six two :argh: ). Medical bills and a loss of a job meant I was done playing hockey until I played a few pickup games when I was sixteen, and twice since then. I could have been the second Dallas resident NHL Goalie prospect!

Get a good mask, you can always afford your health, and to keep playing!

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Martytoof posted:

Painting the mask in the back yard, and the pole I had dug into the ground toppled over. Not to mention I had just mowed the lawn :smithicide:

My white mask is now decidedly grassy :haw:

Martytoof, rock the grass mask.

DO IT!

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

Every muscle that attaches my thighs to my hip feels like it's on fire. Hooray not doing any real stretching for two years, then playing pick-up ball hockey with borrowed pads. Jesus ow.

DOOMocrat
Oct 2, 2003

I've been going to local Deck hockey (poor people) and Floorball (we have a Nokia campus) workouts/scrimmages around here. I think I'm going to pick up a league sport again for the first time since 1998! I'd play ice, but the last league fee I was quoted was close to $1500 a season. Yikes.

I expect smoking a pack a day to be a hinderance, but if Zubov can do it I can do it.

• Locked thread