Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
As a career back up, I'd like to wap this thread on the rear end with my glove hand say "good work," and then brood on the bench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
It was when I was on a pretty competetive traveling peewee team that I was the second stringer, and even then I played more than half the games because the No. 1 had another club.

If/when I start up again, I'll have my own team.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Martytoof posted:

Oh false alarm, upon closer inspection they're not all that sexy. They're kind of Kings-ish actually.

I thought they were primarily blue with black and white highlights :smith:
I really dig his new helmet. I don't know what is on the other side, but assuming it is the same I think it is great, not over thought, nice and simple with good execution.

Oh, I was really disappointed that the Wolverine mask didn't have his side burns.

deoju fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Mar 15, 2008

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Wow. How are you gonna do that? I'd like to see 'in-progress' pics too, in case I want to try my hand at that. Good luck. :)

I've got a friend who puts stickers on airplanes for a living, stuff like the official ID numbers on the tails and aesthetic stuff like stripes and the plane's name in cursive on the nose. Basically like putting decals on a model, but life size. I was thinking of commissioning her to make something for me, but I don't know what.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
A good goalie always keeps the back door closed. :haw:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
:cool::hf::haw:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Part of being a goalie is being obsessed with minutia, like toe straps and stick taping.

In that spirit, what do you think is the best number?

I say #1. as it is the only number exclusively for us.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
What is the story with Jonas Hiller's gear? I thought Koho got folded into CCM and then CCM into Reebok a while ago. And all that before the Ducks current color scheme. The pads look like 580s, and the mitts something I don't recognize.

I should really be doing my homework instead of thinking about hockey equipment.

Edit: for pic.

deoju fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Nov 5, 2009

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Martytoof posted:

Hey guys, I was watching Caprica and I literally laughed out loud when I saw this :3:

Sup, hockey-gear-in-sci-fi buddy. :cool:

Tron.

:ssh:Their helmets are painted and modded from that old Cooper model that Messier wore.
Alien.

It's the gloveOh, God, no! Don't take a closer look. There is a scary snake-spider thing in there! :ohdear:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

parsleyc posted:

Can you get these in the old Roy color scheme? Like this? (Martytoof, don't click that.)

Because if you can... :fap:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Martytoof posted:

I... clicked :flashfap:

As if I'm not going to click a link after you mention my hockey idol; The man who singlehandedly got me into hockey :3:
I knew you were a Habs and Roy fan, so I thought you wouldn't like that particular image. ;)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

nahanahs posted:

Can you get them in this color scheme?

I know they also came in silver.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Bradf0rd posted:

Not my gear, but found this surfing around today:

These are awesome. Seriously, being a goalie is like golfing or being a street pimp in 1974, the more ridiculous your get-up the better.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

You know he has home and away pads?
No, he's just got one set.

That camo really works. :v:

deoju fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Oct 18, 2010

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

I'm not sure if you're arguing with me or not soooo....

(from FL's thread)

Oh, I am not arguing, I meant that the camo was so effective at tricking the eye it looks like he changes them to match his home and road jerseys. It was a lovely joke.

I always wanted Luongo to do pink pads when he was in Florida.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

Doctor Butts posted:

Awesome.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I was looking at one of the gear pic threads on GSBB and saw this...

:what:

The other side of the mask
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/oleuY.jpg :nws:
:stare:

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Good point, maybe it is supposed to be crease camo.

It still looks terrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

#16 on a goalie? What the gently caress? I was so loving disgusted by this picture I had to lookp up the Panthers' roster to find out who this heretic was. Imagine my relief when I went to their website and found out it was just because some baseball guy died or something.

Phew... That could have been terrible.

• Locked thread