Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
As a forward who plays a lot like Holmström, I humbly request you drat goalies stop whacking me with your stick when I'm outside the crease. Thank you.

My good friend who got me actually playing hockey is doing the goalie thing now for our beer league team. He's got all the gear, however the last couple of weeks his LCL on his right knee is acting up. Is that common with you folks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

Absolutely not.

Penalty, UnmaskedGremlin, 2 minutes for interference.

Penalty, sba, 2 minutes for Unsportsmanlike Conduct.

trilljester fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 1, 2008

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

crusader donkey posted:

I would leave you alone :) The worst I do is jabs in the back of the wheels to make people stumble. You can't score if you're flailing around trying to keep your balance. And there's no penalty unless they're completely incompetent on skates or take a dive :eng101:

Yeah, actually, most of the goalies in my beer league do this when I get near them. I actually don't setup shop much in front of the goalie unless one of our D men (or ladies) is going to take a shot, or if we *gasp* have a set play going on.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

titanium posted:

I'm a fan of the hard poke to the skates to cause a trip. This way my stick stays on the ice and you may end up blocking a shot for me.

*nods* Yeah, if the goalies did that in my local league, the ref would probably call them on it maybe 50% of the time. It happens a lot, actually. But I respect you guys for protecting your crease.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

crusader donkey posted:

Jesus, if I had pictures of my technique I wouldn't post them because it would get completely torn apart. I rely way too much on reflexes/athleticism.

I'd say post them. We're all pretty cool in here. I can comment from a forward's perspective. I actually help out the goalies in my league with that during our practice sessions. Tell them what they're leaving open.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

Chillin. :smug:

Can you get me that jersey?

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

The blank one or with "Cobra Kai" on it? We'll probably need to order another batch in the next season or two. Otherwise, you can get blank ones on goaliemonkey.

The Cobra Kai one.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.

UnmaskedGremlin posted:

A goalie cut or normal? Like I said, soon enough we'll probably have to order another batch of jersey's, and I'll include yours in the order.

Normal, XXL if possible. (Yes, I'm a winger spying on the goalies).. Actually reading up to learn ways to beat you fucks. I'm on a dry spell right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Hey goalies... our beer league team jumped out to a nice 3-0 lead last night (thanks to 2 goals, 1 assist by yours truly), but the other team came back and eventually ended the game tied with us. (No shootout or OT in regular season games).

I was talking with our goalie after the game and he was convinced that his angles were all wrong because we were playing on a bit bigger sheet of ice than NHL size. The game-tying goal was sort of soft, he basically was unscreened and the shot wasn't terribly difficult to handle, he was just out of position.

So, is this the case? Do any of you go in between NHL and possibly International sized ice?

• Locked thread