Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

In addition to the albums already listed for Charles Mingus, check out Money Jungle which has Duke Ellington on piano and Max Roach on drums.

For Thelonious Monk, some of the big ones that haven't been mentioned yet are Genius of Modern Music Vol. 1 and 2, Brilliant Corners, and Monk's Dream.

owl_pellet fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Mar 29, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatelull
Oct 29, 2004

Long shot, but I got asked to go see Rickie Lee Jones with someone. I have not even a slight knowledge of her work.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hatelull posted:

Long shot, but I got asked to go see Rickie Lee Jones with someone. I have not even a slight knowledge of her work.

Listen to the self titled. And probably whatever her latest is? But the self titled is the famous one.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay my alt rock station playing "Wild Child" and "Beautiful People Stay High" has officially made me curious about The Black Keys

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Junpei posted:

Okay my alt rock station playing "Wild Child" and "Beautiful People Stay High" has officially made me curious about The Black Keys

Thickfreakness and Chulahoma are my favorites but it's their stripped down blues stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Junpei posted:

For their original run as a raw two-piece blues rock act, Rubber Factory. For their more full-band sound, Brothers.