Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U.S. MAPLESTORY
Sep 29, 2006

now run and tell your mama bout that

Private Snowball posted:

Where does one start with Boredoms?

Super ae or Vision Creation Newsun for the song-oriented material, or Super Roots 7 or 9 for the long-form stuff (which I consider superior).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

U.S. MAPLESTORY
Sep 29, 2006

now run and tell your mama bout that

Sebb posted:

A friend of mine is obsessed with the Mountain Goats, so I'm interested enough to check them out. Any general opinions on their work, and what albums are the best?

Nine Black Poppies is a great all-killer no-filler introduction to the lo-fi work, and Tallahassee is the best thing he's ever done. That's how I got introduced. Once you get a feel for how Darnielle writes songs, you realize that (A) they all essentially have the same foundation, and (B) they're all loving great -- at which point you can more or less take your pick of the catalogue.