Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Where should I go with Modest Mouse? I own TLCW and We Were Dead already.

Where should I start with Outkast? My Outkast knowledge goes as far as Ms. Jackson, BOB and Hey Ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Ridonkulous posted:

Whats a good order for Of Montreal?

thanks
I think you should start with Sunlandic Twins, move to Hissing Fauna, hit the Gay Parade, then Coquelicot in the Poppies and then Satanic Panic in the Attic.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

All I've ever heard in my life is how lame disco is.
I want to know.

If anyone can point me in the direction of disco groups, new or old, that'd be awesome.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Where do I start with The Monkees?

I had heard of them before, but only that they were just a sixties pop group. I recently got Wii Music and the song Daydream Believer is on there and wow. The Monkees rock. Do I just want The Birds, the Bees, and the Monkees or is there anything else golden?

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Where do I start with prog metal? Stuff like Dream Theater - real nerdy, technical music. I need new music and metal is the only major genre left out of my Zune.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

ultrafilter posted:

Dream Theater's pretty much best of breed, but there are some other good acts out there. You might be well served to look through their similar artists on last.fm, with an eye towards stuff on the first few pages.
What specific albums should I be looking for?

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

How should I start with Yngwie Malmsteen? I don't really want any of his previous band's albums, just his band named after himself. I like the song Icarus Dream Fanfare, so I'd like there to be more orchestral than metal, though a good mix of both would be ideal. I'm also not big on best-ofs or live albums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Die Laughing posted:

I'm not really a big music fan, but I just found out that my cousin is a tour member of the band Interpol, and I'm wondering what songs of theirs I should be listening to.

For the love of all that is holy, please only listen to their first album, Turn on the Bright Lights. In my opinion, they have only gotten worse from there. Turn on the Bright Lights is a really emotional album, and it sort of comes at you in a wall of sound. Check PDA, Stella Was a Driver, and Roland.