Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Theusz Hamtaahk
Jan 8, 2008
Kobaia iss de Hundin

Pibborando San posted:

No one can help me? :(

For Miles, if you enjoyed Bitches Brew, then maybe some of his other 70s albums would be your speed. In A Silent Way is pretty essential, as is A Tribute to Jack Johnson.

The albums Big Fun and Get Up With It are (if my memory serves me) stuff that Miles recorded during the Bitches Brew sessions. They might be a good direction to go after Silent Way or Jack Johnson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Theusz Hamtaahk
Jan 8, 2008
Kobaia iss de Hundin

juan the owl posted:

For god's sake, get Kinda Blue. Excellent melancholy jazz, I could listen to that album everyday. Sketches of Spain also is pretty highly regarded. e: ^^ Or do what he said.

I've been wanting to get into Louden Wainwright III. So far I've tended to like the sound of his solo acoustic and live stuff the most, but though he's only got a couple acoustic studio albums he's got a LOT of live albums. Where should I start?

Kind of Blue is common sense, but he really liked Bitches Brew. The other ones are a bit closer than Miles' hard-bop stuff.

Theusz Hamtaahk
Jan 8, 2008
Kobaia iss de Hundin

Deltron 3030 posted:

Where do I start with Animal Collective? I don't know much about them other than reading through their Wikipedia, and it's probably a departure from most of the music I currently listen to but I'm definitely interested.

In my opinion, start with Strawberry Jam. it's drat near flawless. However, if you want to get into something more representative of the free folk sound, go with Feels.