Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Where do I start with Queens of the Stone Age?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Where do I start with Weezer?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Alright, moving onto another band on my list: Where do I start with The Used?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've listened to a couple of singles from both Blur and Oasis (Former: Song 2, Girls and Boys, Coffee and TV, latter, Wonderwall, Live Forever, Roll With It), but never listened to the full albums of either, where do I start with both of them?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Listened to a lot of Billy Idol singles, any hot tips for full albums?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Where do I start, album-wise, with the Ramones and the Clash? I've listened to the big singles (Blitzkrieg Bop and I Wanna Be Sedated for the former, Should I Stay Or Should I Go, Rock The Casbah, and London Calling for the latter, plus Lost In The Supermarket).

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Where do I start with Bad Religion?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've knocked out two of the Five By Ramen (Panic At The Disco and Fall Out Boy), but I've only ever heard singles from the other three (Gym Class Heroes: Stereo Hearts and Cupid's Chokehold/Breakfast In America, Cobra Starship: You Make Me Feel... and Good Girls Go Bad, and ...well, I forget if I've listened to anything by The Academy Is...).

Any pro tips on starting those three?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Where do I start with Elvis Costello? I listened to Pump It Up, which I liked.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
The only B-52s songs I've listened to are Love Shack and Rock Lobster, is there anything else worth listening to?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I re-listened to some pop-punk songs I liked when I was a preteen because I thought they were 'edgy' and 'rebellious' and 'cool'. They're still a little cringy, but they actually hold up a little. But they're mostly singles. So, do blink-182, Sum 41 and Good Charlotte have anything worth listening to on the albums via deep dive?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Is there more to Smash Mouth than Shrek memes? Is there an actual band under all that?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I just noticed I've been listening to a lot of rock/metal JRPG soundtracks, so that made me think: Are there any Japanese rock/metal bands I can listen too?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
After the posthumous release of Mac Miller and Sia's "That's Life" popped up on my Youtube recommends, and then I re-listened to his collab with Ariana Grande "The Way", I was wondering about the rest of Mac's stuff.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did Fountains of Wayne do anything good besides Stacy's Mom?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've heard solid things about Scissor Sisters, and I am always down for campy acts, and this looks to be one of the campiest. Where to start, though?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I feel like I'm missing out, because I've heard good things about this band, but I've only heard two songs by them:

Coldplay. I heard Viva La Vida a few times on the radio when it came out, and then somebody put Clocks on at a party once, but aside from that, nada. Any tips?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Got some one-hit wonders I might think about doing deeper dives on.

The Darkness (Hit: I Believe In A Thing Called Love)
The Divinyls (Hit: I Touch Myself)
Deee-Lite (Hit: Groove Is In The Heart)

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did Cee Lo Green do anything besides gently caress You that's solid?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
My knowledge of Usher starts with that lyric from Eminem's "My Name Is" and ends with DJ Got Us Falling In Love, any tips?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Just listened to the Kendrick Lamar album drat. and... drat. It was great.

What about Kendrick's other stuff, is that good?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Duran Duran?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I enjoyed The Score by the Fugees and am now researching their individual solo works. I've got Lauryn Hill's part done easy-it's just The Miseducation Of Lauryn Hill, skip the MTV Unplugged album, but any tips for what Wyclef Jean and Pras did post-breakup?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did Montell Jordan do anything good/notable besides This Is How We Do It?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
All I know about TLC is No Scrubs, Waterfalls, and Ain't 2 Proud 2 Beg? Is there anything else good?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
All I know about Blondie is "One Way Or Another", "Call Me", and "Heart Of Glass" (as well as the Fall Out Boy song Debbie Harrie was on, West Coast Smoker). Where do I start with them?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Where do I start with Set It Off?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Okay, so... Usher. I know most of the big hits (Yeah!, DJ Got Us Fallin' In Love, Scream, Confessions Part 2, More), but is there anything worth doing a deep dive on?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Joan Jett. (both with the Blackhearts and solo). All I know is I Love Rock And Roll and Bad Reputation.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Since these two bands are linked: Joy Division and New Order

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Two incredibly sarcastic female British pop stars: Sophie Ellis-Bextor and Lily Allen. The former, I know "If This Ain't Love" and "Murder On The Dancefloor", the latter, "Smile" and "gently caress You".

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
LL Cool J. All I know is "Mama Said Knock You Out" and "Rock The Bells". Anything else worth looking at?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
All I know about No Doubt is Just A Girl and Don't Speak. And Gwen Stefani's solo career, but I've got that covered.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Did Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock do anything besides 'It Takes Two' that was good?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I know logically that the Spice Girls were like, crazy, stupid big, but the only song I know by them is, well, Wannabe. Are their albums any good?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I listened to Maps and Heads Will Roll, so is the entire Yeah Yeah Yeahs discography worth checking out?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I basically only know Born To Run and Dancing In The Dark, so where do I start with Bruce Springsteen?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I remember liking Raise Your Glass and So What, but I've never really done a big P!nk deep dive. Anything to recommend?

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Listened to We Didn't Start The Fire because I saw someone make a joke about a new version about 2020, and it made me realize I don't know much of the rest of Billy Joel's work. Any tips for starting him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
I've heard some controversy about whether this act was queerbaiting or exploitative or what have you, but I'm legit curious: Having only listened to "All The Things She Said", and finding it pretty good, is t.A.T.u. any good?