Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004
lemonparties with wippersnapper

bondfool posted:

Where do I start with the Foo Fighters? I really like the "hits" but want to go deeper.

You can't go wrong with their first album, Foo Fighters, or their second, The Colour And The Shape. The former album's instrumentals, with one exception, were laid down entirely by Dave Grohl himself; the latter album features the Foo Fighters' debut as a band

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004
As one of the only two contemporary artists on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I'm curious about the music of Dion. From what I gather of his allmusic biography he seems to be a mercurial and highly influential performer having first started as a doo-wop singer and then moving into bluesy songs and then into "singer-songwriter" territory (whatever that is). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(The other guy was Bob Dylan, just in case you were wondering.)

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004

Did That on Television posted:

As one of the only two contemporary artists on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, I'm curious about the music of Dion. From what I gather of his allmusic biography he seems to be a mercurial and highly influential performer having first started as a doo-wop singer and then moving into bluesy songs and then into "singer-songwriter" territory (whatever that is). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(The other guy was Bob Dylan, just in case you were wondering.)

Any ideas?

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004
You need Me Against The World too, and it's worth noting that the US release of All Eyez On Me doesn't have the single version of "California Love" but a remix.

Did That on Television
Nov 8, 2004
I'm not entirely sure where else to put this so here seems like the best place? My question is specifically about the first three Frank Zappa and The Mothers albums: Freak Out!, Absolutely Free, and We're Only In It For The Money. Where can the original mixes of these albums -- both mono and stereo if possible -- be found on CD, if they can at all? The mix history of these and a lot of Zappa's other albums is kind of maddening! I know the 2012 remaster of Absolutely Free is the original (stereo) mix of the album while the two others are 2012 remasters taken from the remixes Zappa did in 1987 or thereabouts, is that correct?