Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

trans fat posted:

Where should I start with Outkast? My Outkast knowledge goes as far as Ms. Jackson, BOB and Hey Ya.

Stankonia then Aquemini then ATLiens then Speakerboxxx/Love Below then Southernplaya then completely ignore Idlewild and pretend the last thing they released was in 2003.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Chamberk posted:

Where should I go with Blonde Redhead? I absolutely adore 23 but I'm not sure what else to get.

I think 23 is actually quite disappointing compared to Melody of Certain Damaged Lemons (their best, imo) and Misery Is a Butterfly. So yeah, either of those. Their earlier stuff is kinda hit or miss.

dflanny posted:

The Melvins have about a billion albums. Which one should I start with?

Houdini for sure.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Tony Jowns posted:

Where do I start with Cheap Trick and Creedence Clearwater Revival?

At Budokan and Chronicle, Vol. 1 respectively

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Kart Barfunkel posted:

I have Live at the Apollo and The Payback. Where is there to go for James Brown?

Sex Machine for sure.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

Rubber Biscuit posted:

It's been asked on the last page but, i'd also like to echo wanting to start somewhere with Acid Mothers Temple. Any colossal duds to avoid or should I just dive in wherever, aye?

Go see them live is the real answer here. If not that, then Pink Lady Lemonade - You're From Outerspace which is a Cosmic Inferno release. Most of their releases have just terrible production quality.