Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Disharmony posted:

I'm looking to get into Pink Floyd simply because they're probably one of the most name-dropped bands in history so I figured I should give them a try at least. The Wall is already a given (doi) although I don't know if that's the right album to start with. What should I expect from these guys, BTW?

I don't know much about their early albums, but my personal favorite Pink Floyd album is Animals. However, if you're just starting, you have to listen to the obligatory Dark Side of the Moon, and Wish You Were Here has a good mix of somewhat different musical styles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
More than a little late, but ...

Metal Loaf posted:

Can anybody recommend me any live albums from the 1970s? I have a good few of the obvious culprits (Live At Leeds, Double Live Gonzo!, Frampton Comes Alive!, Live Killers, Made In Japan, You Get What You Play For, Captured and so on) but I'm interested in more obscure examples.

and since you mentioned liking soul, try J. Geils - Blow Your Face Out. One of THE mid-70s house party albums.