Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
Where do I start with Elvis Costello? His discography is daunting because of its size.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming
I am checking out a Bruce Hornsby concert in a few weeks and I would like a primer, maybe a crash course, if possible. Obviously I know Mandolin Rain and The Way It Is.

Help a goon out! Lots of books - horror, nonfiction, classics and more for sale.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Strange Cares posted:

Got a recommendation from the rec thread so:

Where do I start with Dylan? I haven't liked most of his big songs that I've heard, but with over 600 of them I'm sure there must be something in there. Coming from Warren Zevon towards his stuff, looking for a feel like the album Excitable Boy and Splendid Isolation, Something Bad Happened to a Clown, Play It All Night Long, etc.

Highway 61 Revisited is where I started, but Blonde on Blonde is definitely great too. You could go chronologically through them, or grab a "greatest hits" and then whichever songs you like best, find the proper album they're on and explore from there.

BigFactory posted:

According to setlist.fm, it’s the 25th anniversary of Spirit Trail tour, so listen to spirit trail. It’s ok.

Yeah, the ticket (which was a gift to me) comes with a new 3 LP version of that album, with new songs. I want to hear more of his live stuff though, so I got a nugs.net account. I've heard he doesn't like playing his hits, and the reason he's stayed relevant for so long is because his music is constantly changing and adapting. So I want a little taste of his *checks notes* 23 solo albums.

Help a goon out! Lots of books - horror, nonfiction, classics and more for sale.

escape artist fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Nov 2, 2023