Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yumemiru
Sep 1, 2006
ikitai yo kimi no machi

Ekplixi posted:

My fiance and I are having a courthouse wedding in two weeks due to some outside factors (but it is what we want, so no worries). Any tips on making the day special? I want to wear a real wedding gown, although the one I picked is pretty low-key.

Well this sounds like what I would like to do.I think it would be nice to maybe rent a nice car, drive to the courthouse and maybe stay at a really nice bed and breakfast or inn, or a cabin in the woods. You could also go to a spa and spend a weekend being low key together and possibly saying horribly romantic things, just not in front of a bunch of people.
Here is a thread on indiebride that was pretty inspirational, and it just looks incredibly romantic and best of all, private!

Our beautiful elopement weekend

I recommend the "Weddings we loved" section there because it has a million different types of weddings, from the traditional to the courthouse to the pirate themed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yumemiru
Sep 1, 2006
ikitai yo kimi no machi
We have matching tungsten rings.

I'm somewhat satisfied, but the ring is drat heavy, and it's not very feminine, so I understand why a female sized one was so hard to find.

It's nice though, reaaally shiny and we wear ours pretty much 24/7; it survives, showers, pools, saunas, you name it.