Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distended Bowel
Dec 27, 2006

Powdered ToastMan!
Well, since this is the "megathread", I'm assuming it's safe to talk about things other than rings.

I was engaged for 6 months during a 5 year relationship, but unfortunately, things didn't work out and we went our separate ways.

Anyway - my ring (which was absolutely amazing, 1.2 carats) cost my fiancee between $5000-$8000. He never gave me an exact amount, but I'd say it was closer to $6000 - $7000.

My wedding dress was about $800. It was a Moonlight dress. My veil (long) was $300 and the shoes were $135. This poo poo is expensive.

The Bridesmaid dresses were $90 each from good ol' Davids Bridal.

The catering and photography packages we were looking at were between $1200-$2400.

The cake (I wanted cupcakes instead) would've ran about $300.

Yeah, weddings are definitely not cheap. I would caution any couple, specifically those who are paying for it themselves, to really take a look at what is most important and "cut the fat", if you will. If I ever get engaged again, I will never, ever ,ever go through planning a big wedding again. It was horrible, stressful, and zero fun. I'd rather go to Hawaii or Vegas instead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU