Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

cramps posted:

I think my whole quicky wedding (counting rings, clothes, honeymoons, etc,) cost about $600. My husband and I made it as quick and fun as possible, and had a cute weekend afterwards. We do want to renew our vows sooner or later, though, so we can make a bigger deal of it and actually invite friends and family. How long should a couple wait before planning a renewal of vows? We've only been married for about nine months and I'm seventeen weeks pregnant now, so obviously we're not planning on doing it for quite some time, but how long should we wait?

We got married in a court house in August of 2006. My mother in law and my husband's best friend was there at the time.

We decided to renew our vows on our 1 year anniversary in Montreal(August 25, 2007) so that we could have friends and family there (I immigrated to the USA and so none of my Canadian family and friends were there on the wedding day). It was fantastic. I wouldn't wait too long.

We thought a year was good because we were still considered newly married and it was a kick rear end way to celebrate our first anniversary. We had a huge bash at a restaurant where my dad walked me down the aisle between the tables to the "head table". My mom's best friend gave a speech to everyone about us renewing our vows. We then read out our own vows and proceeded to make everyone cry. I got to wear a beautiful wedding dress, had a beautiful bouquet, etc. We treated it like a real wedding since we never had one. People brought gifts, we had a buffet style dinner, amazing cake, wedding favours, programs, cameras on the tables, etc. We even had our first dance, etc. Everyone treated it like a real wedding rather than just a simple renewal of vows. You can do it whatever way you like but I think that if you want it to feel more like a wedding, I'd do it sooner rather than later.

jennyinstereo fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 24, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU