Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unagi
Jan 27, 2007

:catstare:
PISSmaster
:woof:

I am not married, nor engaged, nor do I plan on being either for at least a few years. I have been involved with planning a few weddings (which unfortunately fell through) but I have a few questions.

Ceremony and reception aside, what is the "norm" for spending on a decent honeymoon? You can always find ways to get a cheaper dress or photographer if you look hard enough or have connections, but saving on the honeymoon seems much harder unless you don't make much of an event from it.

Also, have any of you had to deal with family members traveling to attend? Do you try to have the reception at a hotel or other place they could reside? Do you pay for their rooms? How would you handle that? When planning my sisters wedding, which was to take place at a Virginia vineyard with a small resort. The entire family (100+) was traveling from New York, but the vineyard's hotel only had 8 rooms. Enough for the wedding party and immediate family members, but everyone else was pretty much SOL. Is that how you just leave it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU